Hyatt Place - Ft. Lauderdale

bling19572010

For some reason my search feature has been disabled so that is why I am asking these questions.....

1. How far is the Hyatt Place on 17th street from the Water Taxis? How much would a taxi be for 4 people to and from the Water Taxi?

2. How far is Coconuts restaurant from the Hyatt Place?

3. What shopping is close to the Hyatt Place?

4. How much is a taxi ride for 4 people from the Hyatt Place to Port Everglades?

Thank you so much!! :)

For some reason my search feature has been disabled so that is why I am asking these questions.....

1. How far is the Hyatt Place on 17th street from the Water Taxis? How much would a taxi be for 4 people to and from the Water Taxi?

4. How much is a taxi ride for 4 people from the Hyatt Place to Port Everglades?

Can't help on some things but the Hyatt is located less than a block away from the back entrance into the Harbour Shops. Several restaurants there as well as Total Wine, Publix and Ace Hardware.

Hyatt Place located on SE 10'th Street, not on 17'th street.:cool:

I think the confusion comes with the fact that the website for this hotel list:

hyatt place fort lauderdale 17th street convention center

1851 SE 10th Ave (Harbor Shops Drive West)

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33316

Tel: 954 763 7670

Fax: 954 763 6269

So its one hotel, listed as 17th Street, but actual address is 10th Ave!!!

Re:1. How far is the Hyatt Place on 17th street from the Water Taxis? How much would a taxi be for 4 people to and from the Water Taxi?

Bling, The hotel is about 1 a mile away from the hotel. You can use the complimentary shuttle to the water taxi (they will go within a 3 mile radius). (We did tip him $5). We stayed there for a couple of days on the 3-4 Jan. We were very pleased with the hotel (wonderful breakfast). They have a grocery store about a block away along with some other shops. The hotel will take you to the port for 8 pp but we had 4 in our party and were going to take a taxi but the luggage would not fit in the trunk. The guy with the hotel transfer worked a quiet deal for $20. From what I've heard it's about $20 for a taxi to the port. (The problem is for 4 people you will need to make sure that it's a van.

I think the confusion comes with the fact that the website for this hotel list:

hyatt place fort lauderdale 17th street convention center

1851 SE 10th Ave (Harbor Shops Drive West)

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33316

Tel: 954 763 7670

Fax: 954 763 6269

So its one hotel, listed as 17th Street, but actual address is 10th Ave!!!

I was confused...thanks for the clarification!!

Re:1. How far is the Hyatt Place on 17th street from the Water Taxis? How much would a taxi be for 4 people to and from the Water Taxi?

Bling, The hotel is about 1 a mile away from the hotel. You can use the complimentary shuttle to the water taxi (they will go within a 3 mile radius). (We did tip him $5). We stayed there for a couple of days on the 3-4 Jan. We were very pleased with the hotel (wonderful breakfast). They have a grocery store about a block away along with some other shops. The hotel will take you to the port for 8 pp but we had 4 in our party and were going to take a taxi but the luggage would not fit in the trunk. The guy with the hotel transfer worked a quiet deal for $20. From what I've heard it's about $20 for a taxi to the port. (The problem is for 4 people you will need to make sure that it's a van.

Droop...thanks for the information. We won't be able to take any shuttles, it'll have to be a taxi to/from the water taxi and a van to the airport. There will be four of us and my mother is in a wheelchair. Thanks again.

Re: Droop...thanks for the information. We won't be able to take any shuttles, it'll have to be a taxi to/from the water taxi and a van to the airport. There will be four of us and my mother is in a wheelchair.

Bling I understand about the taxi. One of the people in my party was not able to walk too far so we had taken the courtesy van over to the taxi. I could understand about the taxi to the port with a wheelchair. The area to the grocery store and other little shops is easy to get to. Take care!

We stayed there for a couple of days before joining the Independence OTS for the Christmas and New Year cruises. It was a nice clean hotel with a small outdoor pool that was not much used. The breakfast was adequate and the free wifi worked well. It is a little bit out of the way but only a couple of minutes to two different shopping areas, the harbor shops are quite good with Publix, Total Wine etc there. There are two restaurants next door to the hotel one is an Outbacks Steak House, can't remember the other ones name but remember the menu outside was more expensive! We took a taxi (2of us) and the cost was $14 if I remember correctly. Remember to have your passports in your hand as there is a checkpoint going into the port area where you have to show I.D. Would stay there again.

On the opposite side of 17th street from where the Hyatt is, there is a ROSS Dress for Less store. This is great for last minute cruise clothes, or things you may have forgotten. There is also a Dollar Tree right next door. There is a Duffy's Sports Bar close that gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

There are also places close by to get your nails done, massage, etc. Enjoy!

We have always had the Hyatt call us a taxi to port. Quicker, and we like to leave earlier then the shuttle.

When you go out the back door of the Hyatt, there is a street that abuts the building, walk less then a block, walk thru the parking lot on your left and there is the Publix, many shops, Duffys, etc, etc. Anything you would want right around the corner. If you need clarification just ask the staff at the Hyatt and they will direct you.

1. The closest water taxi is at Hilton Marina. I think it's just under a mile away. About $5 should cover the taxi ride.

2. About 4 miles. About $15 taxi, depending on traffic/bridge.

3. I believe someone else answered this.

4. One taxi should cost $10, maybe a little more if there is a lot of traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
We booked Hyatt thru Value Trips for our cruise in June on Caribbean Princess. Just wondered if anyone knows if we could walk to pier 2 from the hotel?

It's about a mile. Yes you can walk, but with luggage it would be alot easier to pay $10 for a cab.

Can anyone recommend good restaurants that are within walking distance of the Hyatt Place? I saw someone mentioned an Outback Steakhouse is close, but was curious if there was anything else?

There are lots of restaurants. Some nice ones very closeby are Bistro Mezzaluna and Coco Asian. What are you looking for?

There are lots of restaurants. Some nice ones very closeby are Bistro Mezzaluna and Coco Asian. What are you looking for?

Thanks very much for the suggestions. Really just looking for something besides Outback, and walkable from the hotel. We are arriving early evening so wanted something close by without having to take a cab somewhere.

Thanks very much for the suggestions. Really just looking for something besides Outback, and walkable from the hotel. We are arriving early evening so wanted something close by without having to take a cab somewhere.

If you just walk around the neighborhood, you'll find plenty of restaurants and you can check out the menus. There is more east of the hotel than west of the hotel, so head in that direction. Kelly's Landing is very popular for lobster; it's on Cordova Rd across 17th St from the hotel. You'll find a bunch of chains and a bunch of independents.

I will be here with my family of five, how hard is it to get a van taxi on cruise morning? I have heard too many shuttle nightmares...if I cant get a van I will just take two taxis...

The Hyatt will call you a taxi. No problem. :)