Hyatt Place - Ft. Lauderdale

bling19572010

We stayed here a few month's ago, and I can answer some questions. You can walk to the port, but you aren't allowed to walk into the port area. There is a sign at the port that states that.

The minimum amount for a taxi is $10.00, than they charge millage and/or "standing" time.

There is a good Italian place in the Harbor shops, close to this hotel, called Giulianos, and they offer delivery or eat in.

I think there is also a Mexican Restaurant, besides Duffy's (burgers etc), 5 Guys, and Outback, in the Harbor shops.

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be staying at the Hyatt Place for a couple of nights pre-cruise in November. What are some suggestions for places to go during our full day (Saturday) in FLL that are near by? Is there a good location to watch the ships when they leave the port? Would it make sense to hop on the water taxi just to see the waterways? We're open to any suggestions. :)

We took the Sun trolly to the beach and Los Olas Blvd, to look at the shops. You can buy a day pass for $2.00 per person, and hop on and off as much as you like.

You can see the ships leave from the bridge right at the hotel, or go to the beach, and watch from the rocks. You walk all the way to the right of the beach.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

We'll be staying at the Hyatt Place for a couple of nights pre-cruise in November. What are some suggestions for places to go during our full day (Saturday) in FLL that are near by? Is there a good location to watch the ships when they leave the port? Would it make sense to hop on the water taxi just to see the waterways? We're open to any suggestions. :)

You can get a good view of the ships from the 17th St. bridge just a 15 minute walk.

The beach? Here is a great web site to check out. The shuttle driver, if he is not busy will drop you off where ever..

http://www.sunny.org/ways-to-play/attractions/

We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Dec. pre-cruise and thought the rooms were very clean( my first priority), quite comfortable and the staff great. Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites 17th Street? How do the rooms compare? I have read mixed reviews. How about Bimini Boatyard for dinner? We sail in July and were contemplating both. Like the "outside" option for dinner.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Dec. pre-cruise and thought the rooms were very clean( my first priority), quite comfortable and the staff great. Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites 17th Street? How do the rooms compare? I have read mixed reviews. How about Bimini Boatyard for dinner? We sail in July and were contemplating both. Like the "outside" option for dinner.

We actually stayed one night at Embassy Suites 17th st, and the next night at Hyatt place, to use there parking deal, while on the cruise. I thought that both hotels had nice rooms, and very comparable to each other. ES had a seperate room for the beds, and a balcony, which was nice. HP seperated the bed from the living area with a half screen, very stylish though. Both rooms were clean, and updated, I thought.

We took the Sun trolly to the beach and Los Olas Blvd, to look at the shops. You can buy a day pass for $2.00 per person, and hop on and off as much as you like.

You can see the ships leave from the bridge right at the hotel, or go to the beach, and watch from the rocks. You walk all the way to the right of the beach.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information. I didn't realize that the 17th Street Bridge was only a 15 minute walk from the hotel.

Sue

I was thinking you meant the Hyatt Pier 66 by the bridge, when I posted my last reply to you.:o The Hyatt Place is only about 1 mile from the bridge. Very easy walk, or you can take the Sun Trolly, and get off right before the bridge.