Concierge Class vs. Verendah Cabin Transatlantic

cpcanuck

What exactly is the difference in amenities between the Concierge and veranda on the Century? The price difference is $50 on my sailing so is there value? We would be elite anyway because of our status with RCL so would that negate the perk?

Hi,:) I had a CC cabin last month on Century. The showerhead is larger

than in a regular cabin....not sure if you have sailed the other class

of ships but Century is the smallest ship in the fleet...just an FYI

for you.:).....not sure I understand the last question....the cabin

category doesn't negate anything.

You can get canapes in the afternoon and there is a CC breakfast

menu for room service. I would say most of the CC cabins on Century

are the same size as regular balconies but for 50 bucks? I would go

for it;)

Actually people, a ship sailing due west would have the sun directly on it's left at noon.

So, a room on the port side would be on the sunny side approximately from mid-morning till mid-afternoon.

If anybody disagree, you are wrong! lol

Not if it was in the southern hemisphere

For $50 more per person I would also go for it. The footstools alone are worth it. You also get much nicer towels and robes, flowers in the room and a bottle of sparkling wine, which we usually send to the dining room and enjoy on formal night.

Have a great cruise.

Vicky

I agree starboard on westbound cruises & portside on east bound cruises for the most sun.

One other thought is extra points for Captain Club standing. Only e points for balcony & 5 points for concierge & aqua cabins.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the port side gets the morning sun on a westbound transatlantic. I can say that with experience after enjoying many breakfasts on the balcony of my Aqua Class Suite while on the Reflection this past November.

Above is my original comment.

I'm not trying to be argumentative either, but I fail to see how a ship sailing west will get the morning sun on the port side.

Is it still unclear? A westbound transatlantic is not going "due west" the whole trip. The ship will typically go south around the top of Africa. Port side faces east and the sun rises in the east, hence your have morning sun on the port side. The ship then cut toward the west as it heads to the Caribbean. Less morning sun, but still getting morning sun.

Not if it was in the southern hemisphere

Since the comments I made were regarding a westbound transatlantic (specifically my trip from Rome to Miami), the ship was never in the southern hemisphere.

For $50 more per person I would also go for it. The footstools alone are worth it. You also get much nicer towels and robes, flowers in the room and a bottle of sparkling wine, which we usually send to the dining room and enjoy on formal night.

Have a great cruise.

Vicky

There are no footstools on the M-class ships. Not sure about the century but I don't think it has them either.

There are no footstools on the M-class ships. Not sure about the century but I don't think it has them either.

Century does not have footstools in CC class cabins. I had a CC

class cabin last month on her....no footstools on the balcony.