Can you help HALfacts.com grow? We need your pictures

kazu

Jacqui

Idea -- what if I post cabin pictures in the sticky and once you have them entered into your wen site, then you can have Host Walt delete the posts.

Would that work?

I don't know KK to be honest. If I am able to save them to a regular picture size it would. If you would like to post one here as a test - I can try it. If it works then you could post on the sticky and I could have Host Walt delete them after. I could post here and let you know if it worked or not.

Kazu - do you know what happened to the halfacts sticky?

I do not know for sure but I think it may be MY fault. I did not realize that the pics that were posted there were hosted by a competitive website. I discovered by accident.

I have asked for those posts to be removed and apologized (profusely).

I hope that the sticky will be re-instated or that people will ask.

If this is the reason, I will certainly be far more cautious in the future.

I don't know for sure, but I hope my enthusiasm for pictures didn't hurt the sticky.

It never dawned on me to ask that question.:o:o

Edited by kazu

I'm having trouble accessing Nieuw Amsterdam 7138. It is listed under the Vista Class ships.

Are you able to get it fixed or do you need new copies of the pictures?

Should be fixed - thanks for letting us know.

I'm having trouble accessing Nieuw Amsterdam 7138. It is listed under the Vista Class ships.

Are you able to get it fixed or do you need new copies of the pictures?

thanks for letting us know. I am in the site right now so I am checking the categories and making sure that the rest are fine - they seem to be. appreciate the heads up.

Should be fixed - thanks for letting us know.

I do not know for sure but I think it may be MY fault. I did not realize that the pics that were posted there were hosted by a competitive website. I discovered by accident.

I have asked for those posts to be removed and apologized (profusely).

I hope that the sticky will be re-instated or that people will ask.

If this is the reason, I will certainly be far more cautious in the future.

I don't know for sure, but I hope my enthusiasm for pictures didn't hurt the sticky.

It never dawned on me to ask that question.:o:o

Partly my fault as well -- couldn't get pictures to post from photobucket -- so used the pictures from another source which I didn't know we couldn't do.

Has me upset that it caused so many problems.

Now I can't figure out how to join another photo site and move the pictures over there.

Partly my fault as well -- couldn't get pictures to post from photobucket -- so used the pictures from another source which I didn't know we couldn't do.

Has me upset that it caused so many problems.

Now I can't figure out how to join another photo site and move the pictures over there.

It would be far easier for you to create a "throw away" email account to send them. See Rich's post #10 Edited by jtl513

It would be far easier for you to create a "throw away" email account to send them. See Rich's post #10[/size]

in retrospect, it would have been a lot better - but hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?:rolleyes:;)

[quote name='nana51']I have been on 3 cruises, have pictures of all the rooms, but have no idea what their rooms #'s were. would Holland America have that info on the website?[/quote]
If you contact the Mariner's Society they might have the information. In fact, since you can request a reprint of your final statement (which includes the cabin number) it might be easy for them.

Rich

[quote name='kazu']in retrospect, it would have been a lot better - but hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?:rolleyes:;)[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Sorry that I screwed everything up.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I just didn't want to try and start a new e-mail address -- I had so much trouble creating a second for something else I had to do that I had to fight to get back my regular e-mail address.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]My Security system threw out my e-mail address I used regularly and it was over a week before I got it straightened out. The default was the big problem.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I am not a computer geek like so many of you.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Sorry that I screwed everything up.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I just didn't want to try and start a new e-mail address -- I had so much trouble creating a second for something else I had to do that I had to fight to get back my regular e-mail address.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]My Security system threw out my e-mail address I used regularly and it was over a week before I got it straightened out. The default was the big problem.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I am not a computer geek like so many of you.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

KK - the two services I pointed you to in post #10 use a web based (browser) interface so they don't make any changes to your computer at all. After you set the accounts up, you just go to the same places ([url]http://mail.yahoo.com[/url] or [url]http://gmail.com[/url]) and sign in to look at your mail or send out emails.

Rich

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Your intention was good, KK, and hopefully this can all be sorted out for the benefit of everyone on here. It's a fabulous resource and I'm sure will be up and stuck again soon.:D[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I set up a g-mail a couple of years ago -- that is the one gave me headaches!![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Yahoo -- I won't even touch.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I just set up a new Photobucket account.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I no longer had the pictures on my computer -- but did have them on a memory stick. I was successful getting them moved from the memory stick back onto my computer and started to load some of my Nieuw Amsterdam Ship pictures.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Maybe in a couple of days CC will accept them.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I am trying.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Need to get eye drops in - they are way over due.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='startwin'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Your intention was good, KK, and hopefully this can all be sorted out for the benefit of everyone on here. It's a fabulous resource and I'm sure will be up and stuck again soon.:D[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I hope so.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]But I am scared to post pictures now even after what I just posted above.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I hope so.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]But I am scared to post pictures now even after what I just posted above.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Relax. You're worrying too much. Ship happens, right? This will all get sorted out.:)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]:eek: I am so confused about all this that at this point I wouldn't even try to send pictures. After reading all of this thread I am still wondering why it matters what source your photos are sent from and how does anyone know what that site is? It's like we need to read between the lines to figure out what's okay and what's not. I certainly couldn't tell what source KK's beautiful PH photos came from. I too am not a computer geek - but thought I knew a lot more than I obviously do. Truthfully, I'm not sure if I should bother trying to get cabin photos for you while on my upcoming cruise.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] Edited by Linda&Vern

[quote name='Linda&Vern'][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Blue]:eek: I am so confused about all this that at this point I wouldn't even try to send pictures. After reading all of this thread I am still wondering why it matters what source your photos are sent from and how does anyone know what that site is? It's like we need to read between the lines to figure out what's okay and what's not. I certainly couldn't tell what source KK's beautiful PH photos came from. I too am not a computer geek - but thought I knew a lot more than I obviously do. Truthfully, I'm not sure if I should bother trying to get cabin photos for you while on my upcoming cruise.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]
As long as you email us the pictures, everything is ok. The problem is that KK is protective of her email address and tried to get us her pictures by posting them here. Unfortunately, the pictures were stored on a site that, like TA sites, CC doesn't allow.
Like everything else - this too shall pass.
Please email us any pictures you fell would be helpful to other CC members

Thanks

Rich

[quote name='richwmn']As long as you email us the pictures, everything is ok. The problem is that KK is protective of her email address and tried to get us her pictures by posting them here. Unfortunately, the pictures were stored on a site that, like TA sites, CC doesn't allow.
Like everything else - this too shall pass.
Please email us any pictures you fell would be helpful to other CC members
Thanks, Rich[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Rich - Thanks for your reply. Now my question is - how on earth are we supposed to know what site we shouldn't have our photos on if we eventually want to post them here? I understand the e:mail thing. It just blew my mind that some "sources" can't be used to post pics here. As you can tell, I've never tried to do that in any of my posts.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]