POM to FLL non airport Hotel

NW Pacific

Anyone know which shuttle company will p/u and take to Gallery One Doubletree in Ft Lauderdale after our cruise. SAS, MJS and Go Airport will not.

Look at taking a shuttle between airports then take a cab to your hotel. I don't think any shuttle will drive you to the hotel. You may have to hire a car service to take you door to door.

No idea it would be so hard to get affordable transport back to a Ft Lauderdale Downtown Hotel!

Blueherons- think you may be right about taking a shuttle to FLL and then Taxi to Doubletree- is taxi from FLL to Hotel about $25.00?

NauticalMom- Are you getting off a cruise at POM? What Hotel are you going to in Ft Lauderdale- what was the shuttle cost?

Have tried getting pricing on line but sites don't seem to give me choices I want. Have sent emails waiting for replies.

Looked up taxi rate, approx. $87.00 BUT if they are metered does time still keep going if stuck for a long time in traffic.

Just frustrated right now, sure it will work out- many thanks again for replies.

Oh did look up JiffyJeff- website states as of January 1 2014 no more transports from POM to downton FLL

No idea it would be so hard to get affordable transport back to a Ft Lauderdale Downtown Hotel!

Blueherons- think you may be right about taking a shuttle to FLL and then Taxi to Doubletree- is taxi from FLL to Hotel about $25.00?

I just look at it like this, the chances of anyone else needing a shuttle from POM to the Doubletree Gallery One during your time frame are probably pretty low. So, the shuttle company will have to tie up one shuttle to get you there then it stays out of commission for another hour until it can get back to MIA.

FLL shuttles can't pick up at MIA and vice versa.

I think it is six of one and half dozen of another, the price is going to be pretty close no matter what you do unless you can get a really cheap priceline car rental.

We're staying at Holiday inn express near the airport . We'll be arriving about midnight. They run a free shuttle until 2am, according to the front desk. Then I called the easy express.biz and made my reservation with them. I paid up front, so I hope there will be no problems!

Made reservations with SAS for pick up at Port of Miami to FLL, $15.00pp, pay after we arrive at airport. From there will take a taxi to Hotel, high estimate $30.00. This is more resonable for us, since we have no time restraints, although it is a little awkward way to get from point A to point B- it will work. Figure including tips, around $85.00. Still a lot but the prices that I did find for direct to FT Lauderdale Hotel were over a $100, not including tip. So anyway thanks so much for information- we are set now with transportation.

Made reservations with SAS for pick up at Port of Miami to FLL, $15.00pp, pay after we arrive at airport. From there will take a taxi to Hotel, high estimate $30.00. This is more resonable for us, since we have no time restraints, although it is a little awkward way to get from point A to point B- it will work. Figure including tips, around $85.00. Still a lot but the prices that I did find for direct to FT Lauderdale Hotel were over a $100, not including tip. So anyway thanks so much for information- we are set now with transportation.

I was also checking for transportation from POM to a Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel after our cruise in November. After checking and hearing from several shuttle companies we decided to do the same thing you are doing. None would even do it.

We are going to use SAS from POM to FLL. There are several people on our roll call that need transportation from POM to FLL, so we are going to do a group and get a slight discount. Then we will use a taxi to get to our hotel. I agree that they sure do make it hard to get from one place to the other.

Sharon

Geez sounds like a sweet deal! thought I was done looking around BUT

did you have to prepay? Looked at their website and was not able to get anywhere filling in their pick up and destination, just gave me another page to add info to and submit, did you have same experience?

From Port of Miami (Carnival Conquest) to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina on 17th Street---$60 & Tip for two people.

Wow! You did get a good deal. I just checked that same route for November 9 and it would be $83 for 2 people. From Port of Miami to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort would be $96. So for us it is a shuttle to the airport and then a taxi to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. It will cost $26 for the shuttle. If it costs $35 for the taxi, we will still save $35. I know we would need to tip but I don't think it will be $35. But wouldn't we also need to tip when using fort Lauderdale transfers?

Sharon

Alot of info is posted on this board but what I've found is that everything depends on travel dates.

We normally cruise the small window of a few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas--we've had good luck with pricing for all aspects of our trips.

Fort Lauderdale Transfers picked us up at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street for the trip to Port of Miami, and we used them for the return trip post-cruise to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.

No problems with booking, service, or anything else.

May not be good for you this trip, but it may be an option in the future--I just threw it out there to check.

Have fun on your cruise! :)

Wow! You did get a good deal. I just checked that same route for November 9 and it would be $83 for 2 people. From Port of Miami to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort would be $96. So for us it is a shuttle to the airport and then a taxi to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. It will cost $26 for the shuttle. If it costs $35 for the taxi, we will still save $35. I know we would need to tip but I don't think it will be $35. But wouldn't we also need to tip when using fort Lauderdale transfers?

Sharon

Yes---the $60.00 price did not include the tip.

Anyone know which shuttle company will p/u and take to Gallery One Doubletree in Ft Lauderdale after our cruise. SAS, MJS and Go Airport will not.

You might try Howard's Transportation 954-649-0099

Have used him numerous times without ever a problem. He has picked us up in FLL and taken us to MIA, just don't remember if it was front/to cruise port or hotel, but he provides great service. He's a individual company that operates in a clean, new, dependable van. Extremely fair prices.