Have you ever booked the same cabin twice?

Cocochanel26

Oddly enough after reading this thread I checked the cabins on our almost sold out panama canal cruise and the only 4k left was the one we had in August!We were already in a 4k between lifeboats so I rang and switched.

I know the view is good and it will be a lovely but different return...last time we were in it it was the Baltic which is rather different from the Atlantic/Pacific!

I really enjoyed the cabin and location of the cabin on my last cruise. I was wondering has anyone ever booked the same cabin on a future cruise? Did it take away some of the excitement knowing what you would expect? Did you have the same cabin steward?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, we have twice. U125 on the Paradise & 2288 on the Dream. We have never had the same room steward.

Yes we have booked the same cabin more than twice but the setewards move around.

Same here! We have booked the same adjoining balconies twice on sister ships Liberty and Freedom, and have "L-shaped" 7434 on Conquest in two weeks! (first time was on Liberty) We try to change ships (for itinerary and shows) but if we find a cabin location we like, why not book it again?:D

Edited by pe4all

Yes we have. In October we were in 1004 on the Liberty. My sister wanted to sail on our next cruise with us. She has mobility issues. So we booked the Liberty again because of the ports and actually put her in our old cabin 1004 and we took the one next to her 1002. Love these walk away view handicap cabins.

I really enjoyed the cabin and location of the cabin on my last cruise.

I was wondering has anyone ever booked the same cabin on a future cruise?

Did it take away some of the excitement knowing what you would expect?

Did you have the same cabin steward?

Hi Cocochanel26 :)

Oh yes, during the past few decades my wife & I always book the same

stateroom when possible. No excitement is taken away at all.

In regard to having the same stateroom steward, we have had the pleasure

in having the same steward for six years in a row aboard the Caribbean Princess,

and now we are close friends with her on land.

We have searched for many stewards over the years on the four cruise lines

we travel on, and have found a handful of them; typically on different floors.

Actually, what interests my wife & I the very most are the executive or head sous

chef's that we meet during every voyage we have taken through the countless chef

table meals we have experienced over the years.

We are good friends with many head chef's on Carnival, Princess, Celebrity and

Royal Caribbean. We always email them at home prior to our voyage to see what

ship they currently have a contract on.

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Question: how are you able to choose which cabin you want? When I do a booking it only gives me 2-6 to choose from in any given category. On a single floor. Thats it. and never an option pf knowing what might be a better choice as far as view etc.

And how do you know the pricing vs another room?

Our PVP knows our preferences and whenever possible gets us in the same cabin or as close to it as possible. I've had the same inside cabin and same OV cabin twice.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Question: how are you able to choose which cabin you want? When I do a booking it only gives me 2-6 to choose from in any given category. On a single floor. Thats it. and never an option pf knowing what might be a better choice as far as view etc.

And how do you know the pricing vs another room?

This has been baffling me for months......

What I do is research what cabin I might want by looking at the deck plans and searching for those cabin numbers here on CC and in the reviews section. I am also a member of Cruisedeckplans.com and look for cabins I might like there. On there you can see warnings about noise, etc. I then make a list of 3 or 4 cabins that I would like. I then check online to see if I can see them available. If not then call the 800 number to book. They can see all of the cabins that are available and are usually very helpful in looking for you. You can go through your chosen numbers with them. If none of them are available they can then suggest other cabins in the same area. I would have the deck plans in front of me to look at while speaking to them.

I really enjoyed the cabin and location of the cabin on my last cruise. I was wondering has anyone ever booked the same cabin on a future cruise? Did it take away some of the excitement knowing what you would expect? Did you have the same cabin steward?

DW and I stayed in the same room number on 4 consecutive cruises. Room 7278, with 1st 2 times on Glory, next on Liberty, and last on Triumph.

Does it count if we booked the same cabin on three sister ships?

We were in 7220 on Miracle and Pride and will be in 7220 on Legend. We love the location of that stateroom.

Now to somehow afford 7220 on Spirit...:D

Yes. We have booked 2456 on the Triumph twice, and it was already booked for our next cruise, so we booked 2457 - same layout, just on the starboard side instead of port side. It is HUGE, and all the way aft. Love looking out the window at the wake we are leaving behind!

We have booked the same cabin for this upcoming cruise. We're thinking of it as our home on the seas! Plus, we already know how to get everywhere from our room!

We totally loved our cove balcony and have booked the same cabin for our 3/1 cruise on the same ship. We can't wait! I agree with you. We know exactly where to head as soon as we board. :D