Britania in Gibralter ?

ParCan

Can Crete take something that big? I was about to say the same at a Greek Island. Most of them would be ruined by a ship that big going in.

Crete has a large dock Jean and is also the largest of the Greek Islands so would be able to accommodate a ship of this size. As you say however, many of the greek islands are very small and would get swamped with 4000+ pax arriving together.

Those Orkney schedules certainly seem to suggest she will be in Southampton especially as Island Princess looks like she is taking over the Royals route. If this is the case i find it strange that Carnival would over shadow Britannia by bringing another ship of the same class to Southampton.

Those Orkney schedules certainly seem to suggest she will be in Southampton especially as Island Princess looks like she is taking over the Royals route. If this is the case i find it strange that Carnival would over shadow Britannia by bringing another ship of the same class to Southampton.

I suspect they will both be overshadowed and outsold by Anthem OTS.

Totally agree with some of the posts on here - put a ship in the Eastern Med and do some of the places that the OV used to do. We have always ended up with a Celebrity cruise in August as their itineraries werefar better for us and the Greek Island one we did last year was amazing. Lots of Greek locations and no problem with it being a big ship - the Silhouette. Now if P&O went to these ports again we would definitely give it another go mid August - won't be doing the same old, same old Western Med ports or Norway with them though.

PLEASE P&O try something different :)

Southampton is going to be crowded with big ships in 2015, as well as Britannia, Royal Princess and Anthem of the seas are all based there in 2015.

Just had an e-mail from some TA to say that Allure OTS will be sailing the Med in 2015, presumably Regal Princess will also be in Europe, and maybe NCL Breakaway or Getaway.

We had better be prepared for big crowds in some ports next year.

She seems to call 5 times in Bergen in 2015: http://www.cruise-norway.no/Arrivals.aspx?zone=8&start=25.04.2015&end=30.09.2015&ports=8

At least it should be the ship with 141250 GT.

The dates.

-Apr 27

-May 18

-Jun 29

-Jul 20

-Sep 03

So usually the seems to sail from Southampton on Saturdays.

Some of these dates could belong to it's twin sisters, Royal or Regal Princess.

P&O normally release the following year's itineraries in March, with booking beginning late March/Early April. They may of course do a separate release for Britannia. The next press release for Britannia is due on Wednesday I think.

A little dickie bird told me today she will be in the Caribbean between October15 to March16;)

Could well be. Some logic in placing your latest and best(?) ship in the prime area for winter cruising. But if she is in the Caribbean for the winter, will P&O put any other ship(s) there and if so which? Britannia, Ventura and Azura all there would probably be overkill, so I would expect at least one of the latter two to be deployed elsewhere. There could indeed be some logic in deploying a smaller ship (Oceana?) there doing different islands or possibly Panama Canal transits, then sail her through the canal to Alaska in the spring for the summer season.

Edited by Denarius