Large groups on board

Sandy1975

I have been reading some posts about how there have been large groups that disrupted normal use of the cruise ship during several sailings on the Constellation. I will be on the 03/03 sailing so there really isn't much I can do about it but is there any way to find out if a large group will be sailing on a particular itinerary?

Thanks

There is a theme cruise finder also. Again, google

Thanks for suggesting "Google" :rolleyes:

Seriously, only reason I asked was because I didn't find anything when using Google and I thought maybe someone here would know of a specific website

Thanks again

Edited by Sandy1975

Our TA posts that there is a "group scheduled for this cruise" when that particular cruise is being looked at. That happened during our last cruise and it was a Harley motorcycle club. They were a great bunch and it was amazing to see the bikes go on and off the ship.

Yes, Google works too.

Many times when a sailing isn't sold out the cruise line offers locals a special price. We have sailed on cruises out of San Juan that locals were given prices to fill ship at better prices than we got. There are also charter cruises sometimes booking the whole ship.

OP,

Have you asked on your roll call?

I found out on the roll call, that 700 folks were part of some TAs annual sailing.They even had a web site.

This was on Constellation 1/20-1/25.

I learned to stay away from the bars they took over in the afternoon and early evening.

Edited by Azulann

Our recent Reflection cruise was a Paula Deen cruise, unknown to me at the time of booking. Luckily it was a non-issue, we hardly even noticed them. Michael's Club was closed on embarkation day for a private event, but other than that I didn't see venues being taken over.

We have 2 groups that I can find so far on our Infinity Iceland cruise. We have a Costco Wente wine group and a gay group. Don't know how large the groups are but we have never been impacted by groups before. If they take over a lounge for a group function, there are always other places to go.

We have 2 groups that I can find so far on our Infinity Iceland cruise. We have a Costco Wente wine group and a gay group. Don't know how large the groups are but we have never been impacted by groups before. If they take over a lounge for a group function, there are always other places to go.

When is your Infinity Iceland cruise? :)

• 4 months later...

We are going on a Costco Wente cruise on 5/18/2015. I think the group is listed at 120 max. Most of the people are booking as a couple or two and only get together for some special events. I doubt our group would be noticed except for seeing an area reserved/closed for a few hours.