Enchantment of the seas

Tweety63

Please tell me about your experiences/impressions of Enchantment. While we are hooked on our summer Oasis/Allure 7 day, we are considering squeezing in a 4 day this spring. The port is easily drive able and a 4 day would make us Emerald Crown and Anchor as an added benefit:)

We have been on the Enchantment twice - immediately after her stretch and then a couple of years later. It is a fine ship, not with all the bells and whistles of the big girls, but plenty to do. I envy you having to make such a decision. I say go for it. I know people who sail on the same ship two or three times a year, simply for the home port location.

Service was excellent and the food was very good. I had brought pictures from our first sailing with some of the wait staff and one was still there - now as head of dining room. It was fun.

We love Enchantment and will be leaving in two weeks for our 4th cruise on her. She is great for relaxing. Enchantment has one of the best pool decks and sailaway parties are always fun. They have the usual pool activities as well as movies and sporting events on the big screen by the pool. Not as many food or entertaintment venues as the big ships but always plenty to do. Enchantment has a great crew and we lok forward to several of our favorite wait staff each time we go. I say try it and decide for yourself. Prices are pretty good right now!

We just got back last Mondayfrom the weekend cruise. Had a great time, food was very good! The only negative was the cruise was just not long enough! We like to dance & the Standard Time Trio was a lot of fun for ballroom type dancing.

Sherri

We love Enchantment and will be leaving in two weeks for our 4th cruise on her. She is great for relaxing. Enchantment has one of the best pool decks and sailaway parties are always fun. They have the usual pool activities as well as movies and sporting events on the big screen by the pool. Not as many food or entertaintment venues as the big ships but always plenty to do. Enchantment has a great crew and we lok forward to several of our favorite wait staff each time we go. I say try it and decide for yourself. Prices are pretty good right now!

Keep her warm...we board on Monday when you debark!:D

We just got back last Mondayfrom the weekend cruise. Had a great time, food was very good! The only negative was the cruise was just not long enough! We like to dance & the Standard Time Trio was a lot of fun for ballroom type dancing.

Sherri

Not long enough...I knew this would be a problem;)

OP if it helps, I am going to have one of my overly long, rambling, fully inclusive reviews starting by March 1st. I'll post up the compasses and have lots of bad photos (DH is not traveling and I'll be doing my own photography:()

We just got off her last Monday after a 3 day weekend cruise, and loved her ! It was in the 80's in the Bahamas ! It was 2 full active days but we did everything onboard we could fit in even after spending most of our time on shore. The crew were very friendly and took good care of us ! We even got to meet the Captain at breakfast on Sunday ! We will definitely cruise on her gain !

I'm eager to read all the responses as well. We're going on Enchantment this May for the first time. Also our first trip without the kids in 9 years;)

All of you going on the Enchantment are fortunate, we loved Grandeur (her sister ship). Lovely size and decor, and a wonderful cruise! I think you'd enjoy seeing Radio's review of his Enchantment sailing a year ago:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1760648. He invites us along on his 'LIVE' threads (many fans post in between his posts), and it is always a great time- including gorgeous photos! :)

I say go for it! We were on the 4-night starting January 20. Just needed a "cruise fix" before going on a 12-night on the Quantum next year. I couldn't imagine doing the weekend cruise. Seems way too short, and no sea day. We spent a week in Vegas and one night in Port Canaveral beforehand, so the 4-night was perfect for us. Go to Chops Grille. Love the Filet Mignon and shrimp cocktail is so much bigger than the MDR. All in all, great service and a great cruise. The silent party in the Viking Crown Lounge was fun! That's the first night. Was great having a beach day in Coco Cay. Nassau we stayed on the ship and relaxed before going shopping and hanging out at Senor Frogs. Love and Marriage show and Quest are always a good time.

Celeste

Took a 3-day in October 2013 and the energy on the ship was great. The 2 negatives: too short, not enough time in Nassau. Of all the RCCL cruises I've taken, this was the best Quest ever. If you don't know what Quest is, just make sure you don't miss it - it's usually around 11 or 11:30pm. Also, this was my first experience with the Silent Party. Really Cool. Staff is great, ship is beautiful. Check out Park Café tucked away near the Solarium.

Sailed on her early October of last year for a four night cruise and loved every minute of it. Great choice for this first time cruiser as well. I have a small review of the trip coming soon (pending review from admins), but all I can say is that my husband and I had a wonderful time. The ports were great as well. She will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

On the Enchantment our first time recently and LOVED it! Three days with 17 of us (kids, spouses, and friends) and just my wife and I stayed on for the next 4 days.

The Freedom/Oasis/Allure had been our family summer outings a few years back but now that our kids are out of college, married and working - it’s harder to get a full week coordinated with everyone. The staff is awesome and we’ll be back for sure.

Took a 3-day in October 2013 and the energy on the ship was great. The 2 negatives: too short, not enough time in Nassau. Of all the RCCL cruises I've taken, this was the best Quest ever. If you don't know what Quest is, just make sure you don't miss it - it's usually around 11 or 11:30pm. Also, this was my first experience with the Silent Party. Really Cool. Staff is great, ship is beautiful. Check out Park Café tucked away near the Solarium.

BKR, I would love to hear more about the silent party! If you can remember, where and when it was held, and describe what happens. I've heard of this but never attended one. I love to dance, but I'm on "my own" at night on this cruise, because mom hits the hay early and teens have their thing. I have to wait up for them and when I was on Jewel I got bored sitting in lounges by myself; I'm not looking for love since I have a wonderful husband at home and I'm not a drinker.:p I thought this sounds like it would be great for a "single" (since you've got head phones on, I believe. We just saw HER the movie last night- this seems sort of like that. ;))

Edited by Familygoboston

can't go wrong......we did the 3 day route a couple weeks ago and had a great time.....there were some things we would have liked to see done differently but hey every cruise has that. Enchantment is a nice ship especially for a short getaway....a week long might be a stretch but hey a cruise is a cruise:D Have fun if you do go for it!!!

Edited by SteelerCruiser

FamilygoBoston, I didn't save my Compass but if memory serves, the Silent Party was on night 2. It was held sometime between 10pm and 11pm, but if you plan to go, get there early before they run out of headphones. It's held in the dance area in the Viking Crown Lounge and the dance floor was extremely crowded. Music is only heard through headphones. And at times, depending on the song, a number of people will be singing along with the music and all an observer will hear is their voice, no music. Pretty entertaining.

FamilygoBoston, I didn't save my Compass but if memory serves, the Silent Party was on night 2. It was held sometime between 10pm and 11pm, but if you plan to go, get there early before they run out of headphones. It's held in the dance area in the Viking Crown Lounge and the dance floor was extremely crowded. Music is only heard through headphones. And at times, depending on the song, a number of people will be singing along with the music and all an observer will hear is their voice, no music. Pretty entertaining.

Thanks! Sounds like it will be entertaining! I'll try not to sing;) I'm terrible:o

I have enjoyed the Enchantment and her crew as well. I have sailed a 3-day in Nov 13, and a 4 day in Jan 14. I am already looking to do a 4 day in September before the big family cruise. The Enchantment was a great replacement for the Monarch.

I just did a cruise on her in Jan, and doing another 4 day next week. Its a nice boat, lots going on.

Slient party is pretty fun. I thought it sounded weird, but it was alot of fun and a great ice breaker to talk and meet others on the boat.

On the 4 day cruise anyways, she is docked in Nassau from 8am till midnite. Not sure why someone mentioned that not enough time in Nassau. I am pretty sure Enchantment spends the longest time out of any of the cruise ships that dock there.

You can get some great cheap deals on this boat. I wouldn't hesitate!