Specialty Coffee Costs in the IC

QueenofEverything

Your Coffee Card Can Also Be Used On Other Princess Ships If You Don't Use All Your Punches, I have one I've been using for 2 years. You won't be able to get the Free Brewed and Free Tea after your first cruise.

If you purchase the card through princess prior to boarding you can also save a couple of dollars.

We are cruising on Sth America 49 days on Crown Princess if i buy coffee card can i get a cup of tea and coffee at the same time or do i need to buy 2 cards

thank you in advance

You can use one card for specialties it's all about the punches but if you are getting two non punch items at the same time you are supposed to have 2 cards.

My husband could not drink the regular coffee. He was told that he could use his coffee card for the lattes and such offered in the dining room after dinner, so he got a coffee card. They never punched it for the lattes in the dining room, but they did punch it for his specialty coffees at IC. We'll be taking it on our next cruise and will see how it goes. We have yet to figure out if it was a good deal or not for him.

Dana

My husband could not drink the regular coffee. He was told that he could use his coffee card for the lattes and such offered in the dining room after dinner, so he got a coffee card. They never punched it for the lattes in the dining room, but they did punch it for his specialty coffees at IC. We'll be taking it on our next cruise and will see how it goes. We have yet to figure out if it was a good deal or not for him.

Dana

If they are not punching the card for lattes in the dining room, I would think it is a good deal.....I could be wrong!

If they are not punching the card for lattes in the dining room, I would think it is a good deal.....I could be wrong!

The night we dined in Sabatini's, at dessert time I ordered a Cappuccino and went for my coffee card so the waiter could punch it... he said there would be no need for that.

I am not sure if that's customary for Sabatini's. The beverage of course was excellent.

I never did order specialty coffee in the MDR so don't know about that. The cups of Free Coffee I had in the MDR ranged from "pretty good" to "undrinkably bitter." It's the same as served at the Chef's Table dinner.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Edited by sminfiddle

Your Coffee Card Can Also Be Used On Other Princess Ships If You Don't Use All Your Punches, I have one I've been using for 2 years. You won't be able to get the Free Brewed and Free Tea after your first cruise.

If you purchase the card through princess prior to boarding you can also save a couple of dollars.

How do we purchase the card prior to boarding?

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

We just got off Crown yesterday and I was going to post about this very thing.

We had a card left over from last year. The employees at the IC made it very confusing as one time I would go and there would be no problem just getting a "regular" coffee that they would pour from a pot (no punch on the card).

Come back the next day and told could only get the beans and needed the card.

Third day--did not need the card for an iced coffee. Fourth day--went and ordered the "large freshly brewed" (read from their sign) for the wife. He went and poured it from the pot and was not going to charge me. I told him I wanted the one on the sign. His reply was "You want the espresso Americano" and that was punched on the card.

Used our six punches that remained and now I refuse to buy another card as that costs $33 (as least according to the server). At $1.75 plus tip equalling $2.04 per cup--cheaper if only one per day to not buy the card.

Princess seems to be making it a practice to be confusing on more and more things--- result is we spend less on the cruise and more off the boat.

"You want the espresso Americano" and that was punched on the card.

Used our six punches that remained and now I refuse to buy another card as that costs $33 (as least according to the server). At $1.75 plus tip equalling $2.04 per cup--cheaper if only one per day to not buy the card.

True, each punch of the card equals $2.22 (easy to remember for comparison)

So even owning a card, if buying a $1.75 espresso one would want to charge it to the cabin. They don't force you to use a punch.

True, each punch of the card equals $2.22 (easy to remember for comparison)

So even owning a card, if buying a $1.75 espresso one would want to charge it to the cabin. They don't force you to use a punch.

You get free Fresh Brewed with a brand new card, with an old card each coffee is required a punch. After your first cruise you should only use the card for the more expensive coffees.

How do we purchase the card prior to boarding?

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

Go to Princess.com and then to gifts and services and then to Princess Cellars. It's at the end of all the booze listings

Edited by Pia1913