Hotel for afternoon before flight from Orlando to London

cruise1804

Hi there,

My family and I will be coming into Port Canaveral after a weeks cruise on Freedom of the Seas in April.

We don't fly out of MCO until 6.15 that evening and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a hotel near the airport that we could use for the morning and afternoon. Don't need much, probably just somewhere that had a pool the kids could use and a restaurant to pick up lunch or early dinner and have a shower before the flight. We have car hire for the day so could pretty much drive anywhere in the vicinity of the airport so distance isn't a massive problem if someone thinks of somewhere on the beach?

Didn't know if we could just book a room for the night but leave earlier, would hotel mind this? Can't imagine they would as they could, in theory hire out our room again?

When hubby and I went to Caribbean years ago travel company included a day room in the package, obviously not anymore???

Thank you for any help.

Not sure when in April you are cruising, but the Easter week will be a high demand season with tight availability for rooms.

There is a hotel inside of MCO but it is pricey; with a car I would look at hotels in the area surrounding the airport. Renting a room for the night of your departure could backfire if you cannot check-in until 3:00. :( You could rent the room for the night before and request a delayed check-out time, but you could be forced to vacate by11:00 or noon.

www.between9and5.com is one source for day room rates. I would also call some of the budget hotels (not the 800 numbers) near MCO -- Days Inn, Super 8, etc. -- and ask the front desk about day rate option for your date.

Good luck!

Hi there,

My family and I will be coming into Port Canaveral after a weeks cruise on Freedom of the Seas in April.

We don't fly out of MCO until 6.15 that evening and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a hotel near the airport that we could use for the morning and afternoon. Don't need much, probably just somewhere that had a pool the kids could use and a restaurant to pick up lunch or early dinner and have a shower before the flight. We have car hire for the day so could pretty much drive anywhere in the vicinity of the airport so distance isn't a massive problem if someone thinks of somewhere on the beach?

Didn't know if we could just book a room for the night but leave earlier, would hotel mind this? Can't imagine they would as they could, in theory hire out our room again?

When hubby and I went to Caribbean years ago travel company included a day room in the package, obviously not anymore???

Thank you for any help.

I have stayed at the Orlando Airport LaQuinta North. It is 5 min from the airport and offers a free shuttle. The hotel is very clean, has great reviews and is next to a nice park-like setting. They have a decent pool area and are within walking distance of several restaurants and shops.

I do not know if they offer a day-room rate, but their rates are pretty decent anyway so it may be worth checking out.

April is a prime month for tourists so do reserve something if you want to have a room to relax before your flight. :)

Here is the hotel link for pics and to check rates: http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?propId=171

You could stay in Cocoa Beach at one of the hotels on the beach. There are a few, Doubletree etc that could give you access to the pool/beach in the morning, have a late checkout so you can shower and then head to MCO around 12 or so and stop and get lunch. Remember the lines at MCO can take a while.

Thank you so much for your replays. I didn't even think about the check in time ...Dooh!! I'll try hotels you have suggested and try and email them. Also might give holiday company we booked through a try as they have a concierge service, maybe they could suggest something. Yes it probably will be really busy, think its spring break in USA? Cruising from 6th April till 13th April so very busy time I assume?

Really thought about beech option but thinking now probably won't have as much time as we thought? When you say lines are long at MCO is that check in lines? Would we need to get there more the 3 hours before flight? (As airline suggests) Sorry that's a bit of topic!

Again thanks for all your help