Help selecting a Reflection AQ cabin

sweetp09

DH and I had to postpone our cruise and are hoping to sail this coming December. Before calling to book again, I want to read some reviews on specific AQ cabins and find out which cabins would be most preferable (biggest balcony, location to spa, quietest, etc.) so I know which one to chose. I thought there was a site that had that information on it, but I don't remember. Is there or can you help me select a cabin? Also, what is the difference between AQ1 and AQ2 again?

Check one of the sticky posts above that list cabin reviews. There is also a spreadsheet link where you can sort by AQ and see peoples comments.

I always like 1552 due to the larger balcony but also nothing noisy above. Issues though as there is a window cleaning machine in front of the next door cabin. Never bothered us but I am sure it will bother others. It's under the overhang which we like but again, others don't I live in S Florida and get all the sun I need, I like to sit in the shade on the balcony :)

enjoy

DH and I had to postpone our cruise and are hoping to sail this coming December. Before calling to book again, I want to read some reviews on specific AQ cabins and find out which cabins would be most preferable (biggest balcony, location to spa, quietest, etc.) so I know which one to chose. I thought there was a site that had that information on it, but I don't remember. Is there or can you help me select a cabin? Also, what is the difference between AQ1 and AQ2 again?

We just got off the reflection! Had 1618 in Aqua class... It was a great cabin! 1616 and 1620 were also excellent! Can't say enough good things :-)

I would consider the itinerary before I booked a room directly under the pool deck where there might be a lot of traffic. I read great things about the 1552 cabin. We had a hump balcony on the Equinox and it was marvelous.

Last time out on the Solstice, we booked an AQ cabin -- the one just aft of the midship suites on the port side. Because it was up in Alaska, most smokers utilized the covered area on the port side of the pool deck -- but opened the sliding window. We could definitely smell the smoke out on our balcony ...and even in our room if we left the balcony door open (shhhhh...it's a secret that we did that). Otherwise, this room was fine -- but missed the hump cabin. If one is available, nab it!!

I would consider the itinerary before I booked a room directly under the pool deck where there might be a lot of traffic. I read great things about the 1552 cabin. We had a hump balcony on the Equinox and it was marvelous.

Last time out on the Solstice, we booked an AQ cabin -- the one just aft of the midship suites on the port side. Because it was up in Alaska, most smokers utilized the covered area on the port side of the pool deck -- but opened the sliding window. We could definitely smell the smoke out on our balcony ...and even in our room if we left the balcony door open (shhhhh...it's a secret that we did that). Otherwise, this room was fine -- but missed the hump cabin. If one is available, nab it!!

On Reflection, those windows back by the covered area on the port side of the pool deck do not open. Can't speak for the other S-Class ships, but for some reasons I think they might open -- but not 100% sure like I am with Reflection.

The problem with Reflection, there were days where we had strong head winds, and when someone would enter/exit the pool area on the port side by the elevator bank on Deck 14, the sliding glass doors would open and the smoke drafted all the way into the buffet area. It was very uncomfortable. I think one of the reasons they moved the smoking area from up forward to back aft was it drafted into the Solarium.

When those occasions of high winds, they really need to rope off that entrance on the Port side to the elevators/Deck 14 and redirect folks over to the Starboard side.

Thanks for the advice. We booked and I was able to get a cabin with a bigger balcony, stateroom 1616. We are both in our early 30's, but we aren't up super late partiers. DH likes the library, which I think is close by. I love the spa, which we are in AQ, so I think that is close by also. I hope it won't be too noisy of a cabin as DH is a light sleeper, but I know one of you said you had this room and loved it. What do you think, will we be happy with it?

That should be a great cabin. Basically, so long as you stick midship on Deck 11, you're good. Some complain about the overhang and the support beams, but we were fine with both last year and booked rebooked 1569, 71 & 73 again for our upcoming cruise.

We always go for the A2's at the very front section of the ship, but choose wisely because you don't want to end up underneath treadmills on equinox that would be the starboard. I think reflection is the same. . Last year we had 1521 which was underneath the thermal spa so very quiet, and we were a Stone's throw away from the relaxation room and steps to the spa itself

This year we have chosen a cabin in the same location. You look straight down into the water as opposed to looking at lifeboats, and if YoU like lots Of sun, you don't have the big overhang in that section

I was on the Equinox

Edited by 4cats4me

I always like 1552 due to the larger balcony but also nothing noisy above. Issues though as there is a window cleaning machine in front of the next door cabin. Never bothered us but I am sure it will bother others.

Are you sure this window cleaning machine exists on the Reflection? 1552 is on Penthouse (deck 11) so unless the machine is more than a floor high I'm not sure I see where it would go?

I ask because we're booking into 1552 on Reflection in a couple months and I've scoured the Internet looking for a picture of the obstruction... to no avail.

Reflection1552.jpg.637f29487d4735632f1e0ce82b1f50b4.jpg

Are you sure this window cleaning machine exists on the Reflection? 1552 is on Penthouse (deck 11) so unless the machine is more than a floor high I'm not sure I see where it would go?

I ask because we're booking into 1552 on Reflection in a couple months and I've scoured the Internet looking for a picture of the obstruction... to no avail.

[ATTACH]301730[/ATTACH]

It's on the other S-Class ships as I recall many people complaining about it on these boards, but on Reflection they added another deck, so probably not the case on Reflection.

It's on the other S-Class ships as I recall many people complaining about it on these boards, but on Reflection they added another deck, so probably not the case on Reflection.

Oddly enough Celebrity's website lists 1552 and 1554 as being partially obstructed, but I just don't see it.

Just type in "Cabin spreadsheet Celebrity" in the search...it will bring you to all the info you need on most of the cabins.

Just type in "Cabin spreadsheet Celebrity" in the search...it will bring you to all the info you need on most of the cabins.

That's fine for all of the other S-Class ships, but Reflection is a little different. Some of the staterooms numbers are different on Decks 11 and 12, and some of the configurations, like the window washing machines might also be different because of the added deck.