Really a huge difference in itinerary between major St. Pete's tours?

TJ Tours do include the Russian Museum in their 3 day tours of St Petersburg. We are going with them in September. I moved away from SPB tours to TJ Tours because they did NOT include the Russian Museum last year, and because the email correspondence from them was excellent. We have been to St P before and didn't really want to do all the museums again! A couple of weeks ago they emailed me to advise they have added the Russian Museum into our tour! We will just have to go with it, as we don't want to change to a private tour. Don't know if TJ changed the itinerary of their 2 day tours as well.

Just to verify that because we booked with a tour agency in Russia, we do not need to worry about a visa etc., they will take care of all that? Thanks!

That is correct for the major local cruise tour operators for folks from most western counties. You will be allowed to enter Russia (eg: get off the ship and through immigration) and go on your tour with them. They will submit your info to immigration in advance of your trip for clearance. Your tour ticket will act as a Visa to get through immigration. Here is a link to FAQ on many of the particulars from one of the majors operators.

TJ Travel FAQs

This said, unlike having a Visa, you will not be allowed to leave the group or go ashore independently. You will have to stay with the tour group at all times. Not a big deal, unless you want to do that, in which case you would need a Visa. The tour operators are responsible to keep all the members in the group - in the group. Again, this is true for most passengers with western passports.

Edited by brentp

Hi

I am planning our 3 day stop in St Petersburg in June. As we are 5, with a child, I am looking to truly personalize the itinerary, and to do it privately. Best Guides seems willing to do this. My replies from TJ and Alla just seemed to be their standard itinerary. Has anyone got any insights or had a similar experience? I am most surprised by TJ as they have kid tours on their site, but just sent me back a standard 3 day tour.

thanks!

Hi

I am planning our 3 day stop in St Petersburg in June. As we are 5, with a child, I am looking to truly personalize the itinerary, and to do it privately. Best Guides seems willing to do this. My replies from TJ and Alla just seemed to be their standard itinerary. Has anyone got any insights or had a similar experience? I am most surprised by TJ as they have kid tours on their site, but just sent me back a standard 3 day tour.

thanks!

All of the agencies you listed will totally personalize your private tour for you. It's possible they misinterpreted your inquiry as there are multiple reports of personalized tours here at Cruise Critic for each of them.

Hi

thanks!

I would try contacting TJ Tours again. We found them to provide the most detailed responses and specifically answered all our questions. Since booking we have requested a change that they were prompt in responding and agreeing to. Give them another chance and ensure you clearly ask about the Child Tour Itinerary.

Good Luck