Problems retrieving reservation?

kwbrad

Anyone else having issues retrieving their reservation on rccl.com today? Went to go look at possible dining reservations, etc., and am getting the dreaded "We're sorry, we are unable to retrieve your reservation at this time..." message. Not too worried about it, there are always issues with rccl.com, just wondering if it is only me or if it is widespread today.

Anyone else having issues retrieving their reservation on rccl.com today? Went to go look at possible dining reservations, etc., and am getting the dreaded "We're sorry, we are unable to retrieve your reservation at this time..." message. Not too worried about it, there are always issues with rccl.com, just wondering if it is only me or if it is widespread today.

Try this Countdown to Cruise

Getting the same message on one of our two May cruises today, while the other one loads up fine. I've had the issue with this one since Saturday. Hoping it releases soon, as this has happened for a day or two in the past, but eventually clears up - this is the longest I've seen it occur.

Getting the same message on one of our two May cruises today, while the other one loads up fine. I've had the issue with this one since Saturday. Hoping it releases soon, as this has happened for a day or two in the past, but eventually clears up - this is the longest I've seen it occur.

It could be due to the fact that you are doing a back to back and they are linked together. If you have them unlinked, you should have no problem retrieving either booking.

It could be due to the fact that you are doing a back to back and they are linked together. If you have them unlinked, you should have no problem retrieving either booking.

Thanks for that. However, that is not the case - our TA has not linked them yet just for this reason, so we CAN get into them. She will link them closer to sail date.

UPDATE: I was able to get in without issue this morning. Just like before, it cleared up on its own. Though I am taking extra steps to click-and-close the reservation before leaving RCI's site, just in case me closing the browser or navigating directly to another site causes it to keep the reservation open in "modify" mode.

I called RCCL yesterday..... after a long time on the phone explaining the issue I was transferred.... wonderful girl called Amanda.... she could access the booking using Firefox but not on IE or Chrome which is what I was using. She emailed me today to say the problem had been resolved by their IT dept and so it is :)

I called RCCL yesterday..... after a long time on the phone explaining the issue I was transferred.... wonderful girl called Amanda.... she could access the booking using Firefox but not on IE or Chrome which is what I was using. She emailed me today to say the problem had been resolved by their IT dept and so it is :)

Heh. Yeah....resolved for me this morning, then has happened again this afternoon. Good thing I was able to get in using the "Before You Cruise" link, as it just so happened our Entertainment reservations opened today (naturally). Got my ressies made, but RCI made it more difficult than it needed to be....

I haven't been able to access our upcoming sailing which we depart on in 20 days all evening. Yet I can access all our other 5 upcoming reservations. Very frustrating and I've tried Internet Explorer and Safari.

If I display 'purchased' sailings the total prices of each display exactly the same amount and are in excess of £10,000 which is totally wrong!

They need to get this sorted as I need to access our upcoming sailing.

Edited by peteukmcr

Thanks for that. However, that is not the case - our TA has not linked them yet just for this reason, so we CAN get into them. She will link them closer to sail date.

I hope you can get them linked. We were informed by RCI that two separate booking numbers could not be linked. Then when we notified on first day onboard the service desk fellow seemed to have no idea about what back to back meant. He said he would let his manager know and they would get back to us. Second last day we rock up and they had no idea we were staying on.

They even sent us luggage tags! We were not asked what time we wanted to leave as being diamonds you get to go to a special area, so if you want to get off later your bags can sit waiting for anyone going past to pick them up.

We thought we would be made to feel so special doing our back to back. Not at all! There was more but I will possibly get my review done soon.

Not only did I have that problem on Saturday, when I did get in it indicated I had a balance due (paid in full months ago.) Logged in on Sunday and the balance was even higher, so I could not print my set sail pass for our cruise that leaves in 2 weeks.

So, a call to Crown and Anchor and the most pleasant woman there, she tried to contact the "resolution dept" and told me there was a hold time queue of about 15 mins. Makes me think many others were having similar problems.

15-20 minutes later I received an email and all was well, printed out the Set Sail Pass and downloaded the cruise documentation. We are ready to roll!!!

Hope your situation is resolved as quickly as mine.

I hope you can get them linked. We were informed by RCI that two separate booking numbers could not be linked. Then when we notified on first day onboard the service desk fellow seemed to have no idea about what back to back meant. He said he would let his manager know and they would get back to us. Second last day we rock up and they had no idea we were staying on.

I think we'll be okay. Our travel agent has done this exact process with Royal dozens of times and we're very confident with her.

With that said, we will of course be checking with RCI when we check in and at Guest Relations that they have us down as "Consecutive Cruisers" (Back-to-Back isn't a term they seem to understand, I've heard). If you have any issues, you can specifically ask for the Loyalty Ambassador on board (the person who you can book future cruises with) and they can also make sure you are listed correctly.

Thanks Mark, consecutive cruisers, yep did hear that term along the way. We didn't know we had a problem as we did as we were told and notified the service desk as soon as we got on board. Don't realise he took no notice and didn't follow it up. We had been discussing it with the Loyalty C&A people when we booked another cruise, and the Diamond Concierge. So it felt like it was known.

They even sent us luggage tags! We were not asked what time we wanted to leave as being diamonds you get to go to a special area, so if you want to get off later your bags can sit waiting for anyone going past to pick them up.

We thought we would be made to feel so special doing our back to back. Not at all! There was more but I will possibly get my review done soon.

That information is incorrect. :eek: When doing a consecutive cruise you will always have "2" booking numbers, one for each cruise. We only do consecutive cruises and have never had a problem having them linked.