Insurance question with A Chase Saphire Card

jhenry1

We have a chase Sapphire Card and it covers up to $5,ooo for me and $5,ooo for my husband for trip interruption or delay or cancellation. I am wondering if anyone has ever had to make a claim on their card insurance? This will not cover our entire cruise so what if I take out a CSA policy to cover the remainder? Has anyone ever done this?

We have a chase Sapphire Card and it covers up to $5,ooo for me and $5,ooo for my husband for trip interruption or delay or cancellation. I am wondering if anyone has ever had to make a claim on their card insurance? This will not cover our entire cruise so what if I take out a CSA policy to cover the remainder? Has anyone ever done this?

I recently posed a similar question about the coverage that comes with my Chase United Club Card. No one has replied yet, so I am guessing not too many CC'ers use their credit card coverage, or at least they aren't talking about it. :)

Anyway, my coverage is $10,000 vs your $5,000. In reading my coverage notes, it states the Chase coverage is secondary, so if I were to buy other coverage, it would apply first, then Chase would step in. For my coverage, there is a $20,000 event maximum, and $40,000 annual maximum.

I could not locate the detailed information on this coverage back from when I received the card, and had to call Chase to send it to me again.

Interestingly, my coverage includes med-evac and it does not have a stated benefit limit. However, it only includes transport to the closest hospital for appropriate treatment.

We have 5,000 per person. Is that what you have? I am wondering how hard it would be to file separate claims? Still have not decided what to do. You are the only response received so far. We always take out trip insurance usually the policy with csa. I just found out that we had this with our Visa card and never new it all these years.

We have 5,000 per person. Is that what you have? I am wondering how hard it would be to file separate claims? Still have not decided what to do. You are the only response received so far. We always take out trip insurance usually the policy with csa. I just found out that we had this with our Visa card and never new it all these years.

No, my card is $10,000 per person, but it has a higher annual fee because it includes access to United's airport clubs. The higher annual fee probably has something to do with the per person limit on the trip coverage being higher.

I am just guessing, but you probably would need to file the claim with the third party coverage first, then resubmit all the paperwork (including what the third party paid) to Chase.

Perhaps the bigger question is what amount to insure on the third party insurer (such as CSA) in order to maximize the coverage we have on the Chase cards. I seem to recall some policies we've purchased in the past required you to insure ALL of your pre-paid, non-refundable costs in order to qualify for certain reimbursement provisions. If that is the case, it would seem the Chase coverage wouldn't be needed. Confusing.