hate paper luggage tags

bostonfred

Printed out paper tags at home many times. If you fold them over as intructed and then staple them together on your luggage we have never had an issue of them falling off. They always seem very secure and you would have to work hard to get them to 'fall off'.

Have done the same thing many times!! IF... you follow directions.. you will not have a problem with them coming off... no need for "sleeves" or anything else!!!!!!

We don't trust the paper tags we print out...on the Oasis in Nov,we could get better ones from the porters at the dock...will be on the getaway this month...does ncl have luggage tags at the dock??:):)

Paper has always worked fine for us. Don't invent a problem.

Have done the same thing many times!! IF... you follow directions.. you will not have a problem with them coming off... no need for "sleeves" or anything else!!!!!!

You might be very right. The layered paper would give it some strength.

It always I think depends on how you are going to attach them to your suitcase. If you drive to port, just staple them on the suitcase before you leave and they may be OK. Although my tug test did pull them off as it did in my example below. We fly to port so we do no attach our tags until we get to the city where we will be embarking from. I'm not bringing a stapler with me. I attach them using zip(cable) straps. Very easy to take with me.

I folded the paper, punched a hole for the zip (cable) straps, put the strap in, gave it a little pull and the properly folded paper ripped off. So I just feel better reinforcing with packing tape.

We don't trust the paper tags we print out...on the Oasis in Nov,we could get better ones from the porters at the dock...will be on the getaway this month...does ncl have luggage tags at the dock??:):)

This is a problem that one can easily solve for themselves. You cut them and cover them in clear contact paper. If you are flying or taking the train you use a hole cutter and attach with a zip lock at the dock.

If you are driving you do this at home.

Btw the hole cutting is done at home so no need to bring it with you

Of course for a cruise you use the supplied tags you print out and cover but I have been making my own tags for years.

One set for going with my destination and cell info on it. Especially when using my international cell. I also put my hotel info on it ship info and dates And a separate return tag with my USA cell info and never my home address. If it gets lost my cell is all they need but if it gets lost on day 1 of my trip then I want them to be able to find me with no problem. Thus the reason for all the extra info.

I only offer the above as advice for others as we all carry all of our stuff in 21 inch carry ons which can easily fit 2 weeks of clothing if done right. Of course we also check a piece for the stuff that can't be carried on like shampoo etc and the heavy shoes and stuff

But I still have tags with compete info on everything we bring. Luggage. Tote bags etc.

I have been making my own luggage tags for years. Easily printed in thick legible font and securely covered in clear contact. Hole punched and zip locked! Takes 15 minutes total

Edited by Crusin6

I use clear contact paper..You can by a roll for about $5 and use for other things such as copy of license, documents, copy of passport, etc.

I do the passport thing too

If one thinks carefully it is just so easy to be organized when traveling. Lol

I also use an appropriate sized accordion folder for each trip depending on length and level of detail. I file every needed doc and sheet of info chronogically starting with the phone number of the guy who us driving us to the airport.

• 3 months later...
You might be very right. The layered paper would give it some strength.

I folded the paper, punched a hole for the zip (cable) straps, put the strap in, gave it a little pull and the properly folded paper ripped off. So I just feel better reinforcing with packing tape.

You actually weakened the paper by punching a hole in the paper. Of course it would come off.

I am lucky to have a small laminating "machine" available at home, and have been printing my own luggage tags for years. After laminating them, I punch a hole in one end, and attach a "household-string" to it. Works every time. And since most folks don't have a laminate machine at home, packing tape does the same "trick". :p

1667015535_Luggagetag.jpg.841293fe89fb6a2466e6752d992c9ddd.jpg

I printed mine, then had them laminated at OfficeMax for $1.50. They also cut them to size after laminating, and punched a hole in one end. The trick with the clear tape sounds cheaper but may be a bit of hassle if doing it alone.

Printed out paper tags at home many times. If you fold them over as intructed and then staple them together on your luggage we have never had an issue of them falling off. They always seem very secure and you would have to work hard to get them to 'fall off'.

Who honestly carries a stapler with them....??? I bought plastic tags too..

Bought the 8 plastic cruise tags from Amazon. They came this week and look great. Will not have stapler with me in Hawaii!! Ha Ha.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've got those too. They work great! I even attached one to the inside of our suitcase just in case the outside one came off.

Last year I printed them on full sheet labels I purchased from Staples.

I used the adhesive to stick them together at certain points and was able to staple them as well.

I ended up sticking them on my luggage as well. I found they were more durable than the paper ones.

I do the same thing, then "Laminate" with tape

Also now, have the CC Luggage Tag holders.....