Going to miss cruise?

bubbadogmom

You need to get the carnival number at the port, last week when the roads was closed do to the ice in Louisiana. A fellow cruiser was driving in from northern Louisiana and as long as she stayed in touch with the ship they waited for her. She got there 30 mins after the ship was supposed to leave, and she was not alone. I'm sure carnival know of the marathon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I must agree with your conclusion about the poor communication from Carnival and Carnival's ignorance of local events that can and do affect passenger access to their ships. Are you reading this Carnival?

It's not Carnival's responsibility to notify passengers of local events. Take some responsibility for your cruise As the passenger it really is up to you to do some checking, no one else.

I must agree with your conclusion about the poor communication from Carnival and Carnival's ignorance of local events that can and do affect passenger access to their ships. Are you reading this Carnival?

Wow! Maybe they can also tell her which traffic lights the shuttle will hit and whether they'll have a flat tire too!

This is why you build time allowances into your itinerary. Carnival can't help you pack and hold your hand all the way to the ship.

How the heck is this Carnival's problem?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

How the heck is this Carnival's problem?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Jim,

The airline that flew her there should be held equally accountable; how can they not know what's going on around their airport? :D All they had to do was recommend a different hotel.....

Why wouldn't the hotel have told them when they booked the 10 am shuttle it wasn't gong to be possible due to the race?

When we came in a couple weeks ago we couldn't get to our hotel because of some teacher protest. The taxi driver had to go down a bunch of side streets and still had to let us off a ways away from the hotel.

I am sure if the OP was on the 1:00 shuttle he made it in time.

ALl the streets could not have been closed. Could they not have walked a few blocks over and taken a different route?

I'm curious. The OP said she knew nothing about the race. She posted here on CC, so she must be a reader. There was a thread about this event very recently.

I've been on pretty consisently since I joined and haven't seen it which surprises me because that topic would have caught my attention. I'm kinda mad we didn't book our crusie for this weekend, I could have done the race (shorter distance).

I am really surprised the hotel didn't mention anything since they were right in the middle of it all.

Edited by 1kaper

• 2 weeks later...
Always, always check what's happening in the city you are cruising from. Hopefully the ships will be holding for late arrivals. Hoping for a happy ending!

I'm a planner and it never even occurred to me to check. Off to do so now:)

OP I hope you made it!

She most likely made it.....we stayed in Ft Lauderdale the night before and by the time we got thru the chaos and mayhem which was just stop and go traffic...it wasnt so bad....plus the shuttle bus aka NASCAR driver with attached Uhaul with luggage for 21'people inside cut about 9 people off on the way which saved time I suspect!!!! Hoping she had a driver like.ours!!!!!!

So this brings a question to my mind - I search visit florida dot com and this race didn't show up. Does anyone have a reliable source you use to check event calendars? I've googled and stuff, but now I'm concerned I may be missing something...... I want to research June 21, 2014 in the FLL and Miami areas....