Shareholder Credits

chloe kitty

Please let me know if I am correct. We are shareholders in Carnival, and we can combine any shipboard credits with our Shareholder Credits when using Princess. If I read the investors site correctly for Royal Caribbean, you cannot combine any shipboard credits with shareholders credit. You must choose which one you want.

Thank you

You cannot combine Shareholder credits with many kinds of credits provided by the Cruise Line, but if the On Board Credit is a gift from your travel agency, you can combine that with the Shareholder credit.

There are some travel agency offers which are actually from Celebrity, with the travel agency just being a go-between, so it is a bit complicated. The only one who can tell you the source of the On-Board credit that a travel agency is offering is that agency.

There are also on-board credits which are redeemed from credit card companies, and so far, it appears that these can also be combined with the Shareholder credit.

Finally, there are on-board credits which you, or anyone, can purchase for yourself through the Celebrity website. These are also combinable with the Shareholder credit.

If you are looking at the 1-2-3 or Pick Your Perk, or other offers from Celebrity which have as one of their options an on-board credit, then no, these cannot be combined with the Shareholder credit

Edited by cruisestitch

If you are looking at the 1-2-3 or Pick Your Perk, or other offers from Celebrity which have as one of their options an on-board credit, then no, these cannot be combined with the Shareholder credit

So are you saying that if I have the 1-2-3 Classic Drink Package from Celebrity and my TA added gratuities, I will not get my Shareholder credit? :confused:

Please let me know if I am correct. We are shareholders in Carnival, and we can combine any shipboard credits with our Shareholder Credits when using Princess. If I read the investors site correctly for Royal Caribbean, you cannot combine any shipboard credits with shareholders credit. You must choose which one you want.

Thank you

Celebrity and RCI Shareholders credits are much harder to use than Princess Shareholders Credit which has open use with other credits. Basically if you get a OBC from Celebrity then dont count on using shareholders credits other than if you buy future cruise credits while you are on Celebrity ships then there is an opportunity if stipulated to combine one extra credit such as shareholders credit but I have been turned down more times than enough to the point I wonder what use it is to hold the RCI stock except when I bought them they were a lot cheaper than they are today so I do benefit by increase in share price and that of course only pays off if and when you sell the stock.

Applied for stockholder benefit for our Celebrity cruise this April and received the email back that it has been applied to our account. The email did not stipulate that our existing $75. of OBC will not apply and it was from Celebrity according to our TA. So will we find that out that the $75. OBC no longer is there once onboard and check our account?:confused:

There is an outstanding confusion about the new "book on board" OBC which is combinable with one other celebrity offer. The confusion is that the stockholder credit folks say that the stockholder credit is NOT combineable with the "book on board" OBC which is combineable.

No one seems to know the official policy....and "celebrity" who is monitoring this board seems not to want to answer it either. It's just a mystery.