Early Arrival

thephillykid

No one can tell you what the specific boarding procedures/timing will be for the Getaway in Miami because it hasn't yet made its first cruise from Miami.

However, on a typical NCL cruise boarding usually begins about 11:30 or noon...but there can be exceptions due to a variety of circumstances

A lot of other factors could be involved, depending on what time the ship pulled into port and how long it took to unload the previous cruise. The previous times listed match my experiences, but recently weather (fog) caused a much later boarding.

For our upcoming cruise, we can get to the port around 10 AM. What is the earliest you csn anticipate being allowed to board the Getaway from Miami?

Let me know what your experiences have been.

Thanks,

Howard

Usually 11:30. I've never boarded later than noon in Miami.

Again...all that could vary somewhat by port and ship.

I'd say that it does not vary by port and ship but by weather and other unforeseen circumstances. The general schedule for embarkation/disembarkation day is pretty standard for the entire fleet, regardless of the port.

I'd say that it does not vary by port and ship but by weather and other unforeseen circumstances. The general schedule for embarkation/disembarkation day is pretty standard for the entire fleet, regardless of the port.

To give you an example, the Dawn sailing from Tampa was boarding much later than is typical for several weeks due to issues with CBP having to do a more thorough review of passengers' documents.

After the first week it was not unforeseen, and passengers were advised to arrive at the port later than the typical time.

There are other circumstances too. Currently the Gem is sailing 9 day itineraries from NY, with scheduled arrival time at 10 am...2 or three hours later than what is typical. While the ship often arrives earlier than 10, if it doesn't arrive until its scheduled hour, boarding will be later than the norm.

So yes, it can vary by ship and port.