Cabannas/Drink Package/Just Randomly Excited For My Cruise!!!

We are taking our third Royal cruise May 10th, the first with the little one, and are crazily excited. I had a couple questions because it's been a few years since we've been on one, and these things didn't exist then.

How do I book a Labadee cabana? I assumed I would go to the same page of my reservation as I book excursions, but I don't see it there. We don't have a suite.

Since you don't have to order the drink package for both people now, I'm trying to decide how I would come out with the package. Are things like scotch included? I expect something like a 21-year wouldn't be, but what about the Glenfiddich 12 and Glenlivet 12? There's no way, I'd drink enough beer alone to make the package worth it, and I'm not big on all those mixed drinks. If the scotch is included though, I'm fairly sure this will be a good deal for me when combined with other drinks.

How does the character breakfast work? Do I need to prebook it? Which days is it, the sea days? And does it have every character every time or do I need to take my daughter more than once? Thanks for your help! Vacation time needs to hurry up!!!

Yes, you book a cabana through the excursions page. Are you able to see any excursions for your Haiti day? If so, then it might be possible that the cabanas are all booked up.

Be sure to only book ONE person into the cabana - otherwise the system will want payment or each person. The fee is only a one time, single fee (ie, $250 for an Over the Water cabana - not $250x2 for 2 people.)

I just called and they said you have to book those after you board. I could have sworn I heard people say they've done it online.

If a suite cabaña is all that's left and you said you don't have a suite then you will have to wait till boarding to see if you can get it or check again after FP

We much rather use the loungers and have plenty of fresh air shade or sun and a 360 view. Plus if we want to move or do something else its very easy to just move. You might want to spend time watching the zip line, time in a bar, shopping, or sample a couple beaches, or do an excursion

Edited by setsail

Maybe they have changed something recently with cabanas??? Suite level cabanas are usually held until shortly before sailing, but the rest have been on the excursion page.

As for the 100 days out, I would be surprised if there are any left. I have seen them booked a year plus in advance. There really are only a few and they tend to go quickly after the excursions open up. I booked the one we had about 7 months out and got one of the last. They have become very popular.

Of course keep looking because sometime cancel and one opens up close to sailing time.

Edited by akcruz

Sounds like what has happened is that the cabanas are indeed sold out, but should any become available (either normal, or Suite cabana areas), then checking onboard is the only way to get one.

For me, I LOVED the cabana, and have another one booked for next month. I've done Haiti both ways - simply plop down in the loungers all over the place, or book a cabana. Cabana wins hands down. Nothing is holding you in place - you are free to visit the rest of the facility :o

So, if I were the OP, I would check for cabanas often (probably daily), because people might cancel their cruises, or cancel the cabana reservation. It is still well before the final payment date, and some people may still cancel.

As for the 100 days out, I would be surprised if there are any left. I have seen them booked a year plus in advance.

For my cruise in October, I booked a cabana 17 months in advance. As of now, 8 months in advance, no over-the-water cabanas at Nellie's Beach are available for reserving online.

Maybe they have changed something recently with cabanas??? Suite level cabanas are usually held until shortly before sailing, but the rest have been on the excursion page.

As for the 100 days out, I would be surprised if there are any left. I have seen them booked a year plus in advance. There really are only a few and they tend to go quickly after the excursions open up. I booked the one we had about 7 months out and got one of the last. They have become very popular.

Of course keep looking because sometime cancel and one opens up close to sailing time.

Yep we booked ours over 6 months out and already over the water was gone. We got hillside.

Edited by DrD