Alaska/ Radiance of The Seas

cruisenovice2

Hello All,

I am new to cruises. We are going on a cruise to Alaska in May. It is leaving out of Vancouver and we want to stay in Vancouver for a couple of days prior. We don't want to rent a car and be near everything, does anyone have any suggestions on hotels. Also we dock in Seward and have a whole day before our flight. Any suggestions on what to do with our luggage and any excursions we may able to do. Thanks for helping this newbie

We just did this cruise in August. We stayed at the Pan Pacific. It was a bit pricey but everything was within walking distance. And the ship embarks there at Canada Place so it was super easy.

We booked with Alaska Transportation Group to take us on an all day sightseeing tour from Seward with the final drop off at the airport. We actually all did the luggage valet, but ATG will bring a trailer to store your luggage.

We booked with ATG directly. alaska transportation dot net (no spaces)

With luggage valet, you pay a fee to the cruise line and they check you and your luggage in for your flights. Any airline baggage fees would also be charged. When you put your luggage outside your cabin on the last night, they pick it up and you don't see it again until you arrive at your final airport.

Edited by OHCruisin

We stayed at the Delta Suites hotel. It was pretty reasonable by Alaska standards. It was in walking distance to Gastown a historical quaint shopping and restaurant area. We took a hop on hop off sightseeing trolley tour of Vancouver from here.

Thank you so much for your reply .Did you book with ATG thru the cruise line or directly. Also what is the Luggage Valet. Thank you again. I am so new to this and so many questions. I saw that hotel and was thinking it would be perfect.

RCI's luggage valet is $20.00pp but you must be using a carrier that participates in this program...Which airlines are you using ?...

Hello All,

I am new to cruises. We are going on a cruise to Alaska in May. It is leaving out of Vancouver and we want to stay in Vancouver for a couple of days prior. We don't want to rent a car and be near everything, does anyone have any suggestions on hotels. Also we dock in Seward and have a whole day before our flight. Any suggestions on what to do with our luggage and any excursions we may able to do. Thanks for helping this newbie

I stay at the Pan Pacific. If you are going on May 16th, please visit our roll call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851964&page=6

Frankly, to see and do the most in one day, rent a car with Hertz, one way. Yep, it's costly, but "cost" value is superior if you spend your time seeing Alaska, rather than being stuck in an airport for hours, or on "tours" that aren't of priority interest? The "tours", usually involve a stop at the Wildlife Conservatory, BUT, would you be interested in adding Portage Glacier Visitor Center? Alaska Sealife Center? Crow Creek Mine? Alyeska? Exit Glacier? Anchorage? etc etc etc? Simple to do with a rental car, and all your luggage goes with you. You do need to allow at least 3 hours for the transit Seward to ANC, and a 2 hour window at the Anchorage airport.

Frankly, to see and do the most in one day, rent a car with Hertz, one way. Yep, it's costly, but "cost" value is superior if you spend your time seeing Alaska, rather than being stuck in an airport for hours, or on "tours" that aren't of priority interest? The "tours", usually involve a stop at the Wildlife Conservatory, BUT, would you be interested in adding Portage Glacier Visitor Center? Alaska Sealife Center? Crow Creek Mine? Alyeska? Exit Glacier? Anchorage? etc etc etc? Simple to do with a rental car, and all your luggage goes with you. You do need to allow at least 3 hours for the transit Seward to ANC, and a 2 hour window at the Anchorage airport.

Exactly!