Little Stirrup Cay - Sept 2014 Carnival Fantasy

mehimand5ofthem

Wondering where to go once we get off the ship. We don't like the crowds and would prefer to be out of the way. But would also like somewhere to sit and maybe some shade. Definitely want to be able to snorkel and let the kids wade/swim.

Is there a section/beach are that is better for families/large groups that aren't into the party atmosphere?

Big thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

YES! If you follow the dirt path away from the tenders along the shore line you will end up at Barefoot Beach. Very quiet and not a lot of people know to look for it. I was just there in October on Fascination and I liked it so much that I booked the same itinerary in May on the Fantasy.

I plan on doing a walking video of the island and I can post it here for others to see. It's about a 7 minute walk from the area where the picnic food is to Barefoot.

The water is shallow for quite a ways from the beach. There is a review in my signature below that has TONS of pics of LSC. If you want to skip all of the other stuff and get right to LSC, you can just skip pages until you find it. It was seaday, nassau, lsc, seaday so it should be easy to find. SOOOOO many pics.

Oh, and if you look on youtube, there is a guy that made a really neat video of LSC. Look for the one with a pic of the guy holding his hand out. I think he does travel videos

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
look on youtube

On all of the private beaches/islands, the 1st beach area you come to will be the most crowded as most folks are loathe to walk one step farther than the 1st chair they see! None of these places are huge, so keep on past the most crowded spaces and you'll find your perfect spot!

Just back from LSC this weekend. AMAZING. I read all4funs review before we went and did barefoot beach and was not disappointed. The tide was low when we got there so I walked out a couple hundred yards and got to see some cool stuff. Your kids will love it. I will try to get some pics posted this week but you can read her review like she mentioned.

Just back from LSC this weekend. AMAZING. I read all4funs review before we went and did barefoot beach and was not disappointed. The tide was low when we got there so I walked out a couple hundred yards and got to see some cool stuff. Your kids will love it. I will try to get some pics posted this week but you can read her review like she mentioned.

I am happy that the review was helpful for you! That is my main goal when writing reviews. Well, that and having a written account of my trip. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Wondering where to go once we get off the ship. We don't like the crowds and would prefer to be out of the way. But would also like somewhere to sit and maybe some shade. Definitely want to be able to snorkel and let the kids wade/swim.

Is there a section/beach are that is better for families/large groups that aren't into the party atmosphere?

Big thanks!!

As everyone else has said, Barefoot Beach is your best bet for a quieter, less crowded area, BUT you also asked about snorkeling.

The snorkeling area is marked and there's a good map of the "sunken treasures" by the snorkeling rental hut. (Sunken planes, sunken cannons, etc.) Unfortunately it's closer to the tender pier than Barefoot Beach, but far enough out from the regular beach that it's fairly quiet out there.

It's well-worth the swim because you will see hundreds, if not thousands, of fish: they feed them at the lifeguard tower out there. It's deep water, but there are floating docks to use for resting.

You can attend the orientation briefing by the snorkeling shack even if you bring your own gear, like I did.