Hyatt Place vs GalleryOne?

bling19572010

No, but there is a Publix across the street with a decent wine dept., and there is a liquor store called The Hut a block away. If you really want to go to Total Wine, get the Suntrolley in front of Galleria Mall...the route ends at the Harbor Shops where Total Wine is.

Publix is .7 miles from Doubletree so not exactly across the street. Certainly walkable but a bit too far if you are planning to carry a case of water or similar.

Publix is .7 miles from Doubletree so not exactly across the street. Certainly walkable but a bit too far if you are planning to carry a case of water or similar.

More like .2 miles. Still not the easiest walk with a case of water but it's rather close to the GalleryOne.

Yes, it does. We were just there in April. We had a room with 2 double beds and the sofa bed in the living room.

Thank you! How was your experience? We were thinking this would be a good location for either trolley or water taxi travel to explore. We will have our 11 year old son, does anyone know of any fun things to do in the area on and off trolley or water taxi? Did you take a taxi to/from airport/cruise port? Did you try any of the restaurants at the hotel? I heard someone say there was a Starbucks on location is this true? Anyone have any experience with early checkin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

More like .2 miles. Still not the easiest walk with a case of water but it's rather close to the GalleryOne.

Actually the CVS was closer when we were at the Doubletree. However I don't know if they have wine which someone was asking about.

Edited by Marie51

Thank you! How was your experience? We were thinking this would be a good location for either trolley or water taxi travel to explore. We will have our 11 year old son, does anyone know of any fun things to do in the area on and off trolley or water taxi? Did you take a taxi to/from airport/cruise port? Did you try any of the restaurants at the hotel? I heard someone say there was a Starbucks on location is this true? Anyone have any experience with early checkin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were a group of 10. I hired John's Car Service to pick us up at the airport to go to the hotel and also take us to the port the next day. We arrived about 3pm so I don't know about your chances for early checkin. Some of us went to the pool for the rest of the afternoon and others walked to CVS to get a few things. For dinner we walked to an Italian restaurant (don't remember the name but the food was good). We did have breakfast the next morning at the hotel. The water taxi stop is right there at the hotel but we didn't use it....with 10 of us it just would be too much.

Sorry, I don't know about Starbucks. We had a good experience at the Doubletree and would stay there again. We got the rooms for $120/nt on LMT.

Actually the CVS was closer when we were at the Doubletree. However I don't know if they have wine which someone was asking about.

Things are always changing in Fort Lauderdale in the retail world...There is now a Publix in the shopping center across the street from Doubletree, the same shopping center where CVS used to be. There is also a nice Starbucks there. CVS has moved a few blocks away to just past Galleria Mall on the same side as the hotel, in the building where Borders Books used to be. Yes, CVS sells wine, but Publix is closer and has a better selection.

Edited by royalcruz