Hyatt Place vs GalleryOne?

bling19572010

Are the rooms at GalleryOne nice and clean? Is their staff good and helpful? Also I read where the hotel wasn't wheelchair friendly...is that true? Thank you.

I don't know about the wheelchair friendly bit as we don't use one. However there is a slight incline from street level to the hotel front door. No steps. As far as I remember there are steps down to the pool and water taxi stop, but on a one night stopover, you wont have time for water taxi. Across the road from hotel is CVS, Starbucks etc, and a small deli. Galleria Mall has great shopping and many food outlets.

Breakfast is expensive, so if you don't have it included in your rate, you may end up going elsewhere for breakfast.

Staff are so-so. Breakfast room/restaurant staff are nice (if they are still there), reception etc were just ok. Housekeeping was ok.

We have stayed there twice and just about to book again.

Are the rooms at GalleryOne nice and clean? Is their staff good and helpful? Also I read where the hotel wasn't wheelchair friendly...is that true? Thank you.

Yes, the rooms are super clean, nice amenities, and some, if not all rooms are suites with kitchenettes (make sure you request a room with a water view). The valet and front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

I honestly cannot remember how wheelchair friendly they are, but I cannot imagine that they would not be, since many hotel brands have had to ensure that their accessbility is upgraded to newer standards.

This is a post funny for me to read as we were on the January 25 sailing of Oasis. We stayed at the Hyatt place on 17th pre-cruise and Doubletree gallery one post cruise.

In the only thing that the Hyatt place has going for it is a free airport shuttle, and proximity to the port/airport. The taxi to and from Gallery one from the airport was $25.

At Gallery one we looked at the beautiful water beautiful pool right next-door to PF Changs for a fantastic dinner.

This is a post funny for me to read as we were on the January 25 sailing of Oasis. We stayed at the Hyatt place on 17th pre-cruise and Doubletree gallery one post cruise.

In the only thing that the Hyatt place has going for it is a free airport shuttle, and proximity to the port/airport. The taxi to and from Gallery one from the airport was $25.

At Gallery one we looked at the beautiful water beautiful pool right next-door to PF Changs for a fantastic dinner.

How was the Oasis?

I like the area around the Doubletree much better, as there are nice stores and restaurants, the intracoastal waterway, water taxi, and beach.

Thanks so much for your reviews - we decided to stay at Gallery One post cruise in March. It will be 4 of us and would like to know of a company that provides transportation to Port Everglades. Thanks in advance for recommendations. Bonnie

Thanks so much for your reviews - we decided to stay at Gallery One post cruise in March. It will be 4 of us and would like to know of a company that provides transportation to Port Everglades. Thanks in advance for recommendations. Bonnie

Try John's Car Service, Larry's Limos, or QLS. If you just decide to go by taxi, call 954-777-7777 and it will cost about $20 per taxi.

There will be 10 of us at Doubletree in April and I have booked Johns car service to take us to the ship.

http://www.johnscarservice.com

For anyone who has been at the Doubletree Gallery One recently do you know how much the breakfast buffet is? Or is there a menu instead of a buffet?

thanks

My bill from march '13 seems to show $17.49 for breakfast.

It was mostly buffet and you could order fried eggs or other bits and pieces.

If you want to go in style on the cheap....check this place out, up to 4 people for only 50.00. They have Mercedes Benz Sprinter vans with nice leather seats.

http://www.thefabconcierge.com/rates.html

Edited by SNJCruisers

Try John's Car Service, Larry's Limos, or QLS. If you just decide to go by taxi, call 954-777-7777 and it will cost about $20 per taxi.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I will research and see what works best for us. So ready for some sun and fun.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread but was hoping someone would know the answer. Does the couch in the living area at GalleryOne turn into a sofa bed? Thank you

Edited by nrain02

I know this is an old thread but was hoping someone would know the answer. Does the couch in the living area at GalleryOne turn into a sofa bed? Thank you

Yes, it does. We were just there in April. We had a room with 2 double beds and the sofa bed in the living room.

Is there a Total Wine store within walking distance?

No, but there is a Publix across the street with a decent wine dept., and there is a liquor store called The Hut a block away. If you really want to go to Total Wine, get the Suntrolley in front of Galleria Mall...the route ends at the Harbor Shops where Total Wine is.