Ft. Lauderdale Hotel

nonna5

We will be on the Costa Magica in January and will be flying in a day early. We are looking for a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that will pick us up from the airport and take us the the pier the next day. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for all your help.

We have stayed at the BEST WESTERN ROLLINGS INN in Fort Lauderdale. This hotel provides free pick up at the Airport and free shuttle to the cruise port. The other extras include free bountiful breakfast every morning........Have a great time, we are on the Magica March 6 2006:)

We stayed at the Renaissance (sp) last time. close to the entrance to the port. Restaurants, shopping, etc were there or within a short walk. Took a cab from the airport to the hotel and a shuttle from the hotel to the port. If I recall it was only a couple bucks.

I believe the The Embassy Suites and Marriot have shuttles for a price too.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to find the Best Western Rollings Inn in Fort Lauderdale. I do have the AmeriSuites on hold. Any comments on that hotel??? I've never stayed in an Amerisuites before.

COsta uses The Embassy Suites or The Yankee Clipper SHeratan. Check out the Marriott hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. There are a bunch that are right by the port and might include the transfer.

A cab will not cost you that much. Maybe $20 for a taxi total...

Good LUck

• 2 weeks later...

Amerisuites, booked through Hotline was great, look for "customer picks or something like that.

Last year the hotline price was $59/night.............now hotels in Fort Lauderdale are $100 MORE than that!!

What happened?

• 1 month later...

We're staying at the Riverside Hotel (http://www.riversidehotel.com) in Fort Lauderdale...it's a little pricy, but it eliminates our need for taxi transportation while staying int he city (except for to/from port/airport). It's right at the top of Las Olas Blvd., which has lots of shopping and dining, entertainment options, etc. We're also staying one night at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood, right by the airport. We got it for a great steal on Priceline, but they also have free airport and cruiseport shuttle, can't beat that!

• 3 weeks later...

This is also a thought...as I'm now thinking about booking a Costa cruise instead of my Carnival Liberty cruise. Costa offers the Sheraton Yankee Trader hotel as part of their pre-cruise program. It's $99/pp for 2 people, which is considerably cheaper than booking the Sheraton on your own. If you book through Costa, they also arrange for your transportation to the pier the next day. If we decide to go on the Magica, we will definitely be utilizing this feature and staying at the Sheraton (right on the beach)!

• 2 weeks later...

So happy to hear that some folks are staying at the La Quinta in Hollywood. I always recommend this hotel. It is affordable, has airport/ship shuttle, free breakfast, nice service and the room I had was large with a m/w, fridge and coffee maker...and lazyboy.

It's not a glitzy hotel, but it sure made me feel comfortable and I'm not a glitzy person anyway.

Hope you enjoy your stays as much as I enjoyed mine!

Archived