Pre-Boarding Health Questiondaire

Poohb

I printed out the questionnaire so I don't have to fill it in while walking through check-in lines.

Very recent Freedom cruise...the forms weren't anywhere but up at the checkin desk. The employee handed it to us along with a pen (ruh roh...there's a nice little way to pass along germs!) to fill out right in front of her. No way to fill it out while walking through lines.

Our last 3 or so cruises, the form has been handed to us to fill out at the counter when we checked in. It takes all of about 1 minute to do so. One less piece of paper to keep track of so I'll keep on doing mine at the port.

Surely you cannot answer the questions in advance :confused:

The only way to give up to date health information is to fill it in at checkin just before you board the ship.

Exactly which is why they give them to us at the port. It's about your health as you check in, not 2 weeks earlier.:rolleyes:

Of course, we all know that some say they're healthy when they're not.

Edited by BND

Here's a link to the form on the CLIA website:

http://www.cruising.org/sites/default/files/issue/CLIA-Pre-Boarding_Health_Questionnaire_Rev7.pdf

We fill ours out the morning of the cruise before leaving the hotel. The two times we've done this (different cruise lines), the check-in agent seemed pleased that we had done it prior to arriving.

I just complete the top info on the computer then print-check off the boxes & sign when we get there. just like having everything with me. Also like to make sure I have my own pen- as someone else noted -those pens/pencils can be a good source of germs. (not just on ships but anywhere)

DH and I did the exact same thing on Oasis last May as other people did, printed out and filled out the forms right before we got to the representative... however she gave us a look while she torn up our already filled forms and said that we were suppose to fill those out front of her eyes to make sure we are not scamming her :eek: We just quickly filled the forms and left at heartbeat. That was an odd experience....

Edited by dsmith4675

The form takes 15 seconds to fill out; absolutely no need to take the time and hassle to print in advance and keep track of it through check-in. I agree about not liking using pens that hundreds to thousands of others have touched, so I do bring a pen with me to use during the check-in process. As you fill out the form, the worker is processing your check in - so you would just be twiddling your thumbs during that 15 second period anyway; it does not save an iota of time by filling the form out in advance.

Last year, when we sailed, we were handed the form before entering the queue and were told to fill it out as we went through the line. I am guessing this has changed since responders are saying that they were given the form at the check-in counter.

The form takes 15 seconds to fill out; absolutely no need to take the time and hassle to print in advance and keep track of it through check-in; it does not save an iota of time by filling the form out in advance.

Agree with you and in fact, if I was an agent who was handed a form already filled in, I would (politely) tear it up and ask that a new one I gave them be filled in right there. It's ridiculous, IMO - like you are trying to get away with something you shouldn't be... :p

I agree with others on just 15-second to fill out the forms and I shudder on the thought of using the pen that was previously used by 1000 people :eek: I'm so glad I brought our pens! Always nice to be prepared no matter what ;)

Agree with you and in fact, if I was an agent who was handed a form already filled in, I would (politely) tear it up and ask that a new one I gave them be filled in right there. It's ridiculous, IMO - like you are trying to get away with something you shouldn't be... :p

I wish our agent was like that when it happened to us! Ours had an attitude with us (deathly glare, yelled at us loudly enough for people to hear her, tearing the paper up aggressively) :( DH and I felt so embarrassed since it was our first time crusing with Royal

So, let me get this straight, :rolleyes: I fill out the form right before I leave to go to the cruise terminal and put it with my freshly minted Set Sail Pass together along with my passports...

It's ridiculous, IMO - like you are trying to get away with something you shouldn't be...

Just what exactly am I trying to get away with? :confused: Is it stated some where in RCL's policies that you can't use this form? IMO - if it's not for you, just don't do it. It's not like I'm wearing shorts to dinner in the MDR. :eek:

Wow, PoohB didn't say anything about writing down false information.

It is tough struggling to find a place to write and I agree that I'm always grossed out by those pencils and pens left behind :((I'm sure they are carrying germs I don't want to know about)! In Baltimore, we were handed the health forms and expected to fill them out prior to getting to the Desk. It would have been nice to have them in advance We could of done them on the way to the port and had them ready to go with our Set Sail Pass. Yes, I like the idea.

I wish our agent was like that when it happened to us! Ours had an attitude with us (deathly glare, yelled at us loudly enough for people to hear her, tearing the paper up aggressively) :( DH and I felt so embarrassed since it was our first time crusing with Royal

I'm so sorry about that. I would have been mortified too. :( We have usually had a wonderful experience with Royal agents, staff, and crew right from the pier check-in people. There were a few grumpy pots in the bunch but generally, they're fabulous. I hope you'll cruise RCI again, though. :)

Just what exactly am I trying to get away with? :confused: Is it stated some where in RCL's policies that you can't use this form? IMO - if it's not for you, just don't do it. It's not like I'm wearing shorts to dinner in the MDR.

That's what the "IMO" in my post was for. ;) I wouldn't do this and it's not for me. Filling out the health questionnaire days or weeks before check-in because someone had access to the online form is wrong, and potentially dangerous to fellow passengers.

Anyway, nevermind. I was just expressing my opinion. :)

It is tough struggling to find a place to write and I agree that I'm always grossed out by those pencils and pens left behind :((I'm sure they are carrying germs I don't want to know about)! In Baltimore, we were handed the health forms and expected to fill them out prior to getting to the Desk. It would have been nice to have them in advance We could of done them on the way to the port and had them ready to go with our Set Sail Pass. Yes, I like the idea.

I always have a few pens in my carry-on, so I could use those (although I'm not particularly germophobic.)

So instead of bringing pre-completed form you could bring pen, and solve that problem.

As to pre-printed forms, I for one highly doubt many would admit to being sick on the form. Why would you? I'd bet very, very few forms are filled out with "yes."

The times we have sailed from Baltimore, they have tables that you can sit at before getting in the check in line to fill out the forms.

I printed out the questionnaire so I don't have to fill it in while walking through check-in lines. Does anyone know if, since we are B2B, we would be filling one out for the 2nd 'leg'.?

The two B2B's that we have done did not require a second health questionaire for the second leg. I don't know if it depends on the port or not, but we sailed from San Juan once and Baltimore once and never did a second questionaire.