Employee Satisfaction: Carnival "slightly above average"

happy cruzin

You would never know it by looking at many of the crew on our recent Splendor cruise. We commented several times that many of the crew members never smiled or looked the least bit interested in being there.

DW and I have sailed 23 times and have never noticed many of the crew looking like they had rather be somewhere else. To the contrary, on all our cruises, the crew seemed overwhelmingly friendly and always appeared to have a smile. Now as for the passengers we have not always noticed the same attitude.:rolleyes:

You would never know it by looking at many of the crew on our recent Splendor cruise. We commented several times that many of the crew members never smiled or looked the least bit interested in being there.

As it is not listed in your signature, when did you sail on the Splendor?

[/color]

DW and I have sailed 23 times and have never noticed many of the crew looking like they had rather be somewhere else. To the contrary, on all our cruises, the crew seemed overwhelmingly friendly and always appeared to have a smile. Now as for the passengers we have not always noticed the same attitude.:rolleyes:

I agree completely with this. We just returned from 2 weeks on Liberty and I don't remember any crew member who did not smile & greet me.

They showed the sample size for Disney and excluded it. Would have been nice to see the sample size of the other lines and compare those numbers. Unfortunately for me, I'm a strong believer that these types of surveys can be greatly manipulated. But it is very interesting!

And the two Carnival cruises we've been on which isn't many have always had very nice and happy employees. Never noticed any employee who looks like they just don't want to be there.

They showed the sample size for Disney and excluded it. Would have been nice to see the sample size of the other lines and compare those numbers. Unfortunately for me, I'm a strong believer that these types of surveys can be greatly manipulated. But it is very interesting!

And the two Carnival cruises we've been on which isn't many have always had very nice and happy employees. Never noticed any employee who looks like they just don't want to be there.

I echo your comments. We have been on 25 + Carnival cruises and have never come across an employee that did not say good morning, hello or have a smile. Sadly, much media does just as you suggest, manipulate things in their own slant. It is pretty sad.

Interesting article published yesterday about cruise line employee satisfaction:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/03/how-do-cruise-line-employees-rate-their-employers.aspx

Carnival's score: 3 out of 5 - with 62% of the employees recommending the company to a friend.

Mistake #1, you trusted motleyfool.com, the worst ''investment website" out there.

Keep in mind that statistics like this have varying factors that need to be taken into account to make sure the results are as accurate (or not) as they seem.

Mistake #1, you trusted motleyfool.com, the worst ''investment website" out there.

Keep in mind that statistics like this have varying factors that need to be taken into account to make sure the results are as accurate (or not) as they seem.

I did not "trust" anyone. Just posted something I thought might be of interest....

Carnival employees are what keeps us coming back. Some of the friendliest people ever. I've never seen anyone look like they didn't want to be there.

I second this statement. We love the Carnival employees, always friendly, smiling, having fun. Have never witnessed any scowly faces.:)

On all our cruises the employees have appeared to be cheerful and pleasant to the passengers although I can't say the same for the passengers. On our past cruise a couple of weeks ago our room steward was friendly, accomodating and always greeted us with a smile and a kind word but she did seem to be tired and overworked.

Cheers!