Official - Allure in Europe in 2015!

The RCCL Spain and France press release shows the ship arriving on May 1st and then sailing on May 19th for a 5 night cruise prior to beginning a season of 22, 7 night sailings.

This press release also confirms that Liberty will not be 'Home-ported' in Barcelona in 2015, following 4 successful years in the 'Ciudad Condal', Barcelona.

http://www.allureoftheseas.es/public/documents/AllureOfTheSeasNotaPrensa.pdf

Just received my Swiss (German) RCI email advertising the addition of the Allure, so they are co-ordinated Europe-wide with bookings open 18 February.

Hey buddy, we need to book a cruise on this ship, while she is in Europe.

Heyyyy! :) I agree....we'll have to plan something soon. How are things with you?

I think that RCCL has had and has enough ships scheduled when you include Celebrity into the mix. Also throwing in those four and five days cruises on the Liberty and Constellation helps bring those numbers up rather quickly.

I agree that this has nothing to do with the dry dock. It's obvious that the demand for the Oasis for this year was very good. Allure will do very well in Europe and give Costa and MSC a run for their money. No other cruise line can match this ship. Good move by RCI.

Definitely a good move. But they'll leave another void in the summer Caribbean sailing if they don't replace the Allure.

Definitely a good move. But they'll leave another void in the summer Caribbean sailing if they don't replace the Allure.

Unless they leave a Freedom Class ship behind to do the Sunday-Sunday, I guess they're banking that this will increase demand and thus rates for Oasis... and lets not forget Quantum will be in service from NJ!

Can anyone in the know say whether the October TA definitely ends in FL. Although the RC literature shows it as Fort Lauderdale, one UK online TA is showing it as ending in Miami. Any ideas whether this is a typo or whether it's true?

Can anyone in the know say whether the October TA definitely ends in FL. Although the RC literature shows it as Fort Lauderdale, one UK online TA is showing it as ending in Miami. Any ideas whether this is a typo or whether it's true?

It will be Fort Lauderdale :D

Some of the UK online TAs are well known for getting their "facts" mixed up.

Unless they leave a Freedom Class ship behind to do the Sunday-Sunday, I guess they're banking that this will increase demand and thus rates for Oasis... and lets not forget Quantum will be in service from NJ!

You're right! :cool: I bet the rates for the Oasis will be astronomical. :eek:

I thought the same as the RCI Spanish press release states MIAMI in the text and also hypes the fact that they got a stop in MALAGA.

The Swiss (German) email I received promoting the opening of bookings on the 12th/18th definitely shows and states Ft. Lauderdale.

Fort Lauderdale - Barcelona

7 Nächte Mittelmeer

Barcelona - Fort Lauderdale

The email RCI Germany sent out say Fort Lauderdale.

I'm very happy, since also Mallorca will be port of call!

This move is no coincidence, I posted here some months ago that the Palma Port Authority had invested money in adapting the port to be able to handle Oasis class ships.

Also, let's not forget that there is an Oasis III under way and that the Liberty will sail in the Caribbean for the 2015 summer period.

I hope they base the Allure for many summer seasons in Europe! :)

By the way, the itinerary only has 1 sea day, not 2. Ports of call will be: Barcelona - Palma (Mallorca) - Marseille - La Spezia - Civitavecchia - Naples - Sea Day - Barcelona

Maybe the Liberty will stay behind in Ft.Lauderdale that summer. It could do the Sun-Sun 7 nights or even keep its 5-5-4 rotation.

It is already confirmed that the Liberty will not sail in Europe next summer, so I guess that is what they will do

I'm also sad for the Liberty. we sailed on her from Barcelona in 2012 and it was just awesome!

Maybe the Liberty will stay behind in Ft.Lauderdale that summer. It could do the Sun-Sun 7 nights or even keep its 5-5-4 rotation.

She is confirmed to not be coming back to Barcelona for the 2015 season in the press release announcing Allure was arriving for that season.

Wow.. Allure will be directly competing with NCL's biggest cruise ship Norwegian EPIC as they basically will sail almost the same IT. Both also had options to embark either at Barcelona or Rome.

With 2 mega ships on that route, hopefully prices will eventually go down for both lines because of excess capacity.

Wow.. Allure will be directly competing with NCL's biggest cruise ship Norwegian EPIC as they basically will sail almost the same IT. Both also had options to embark either at Barcelona or Rome.

With 2 mega ships on that route, hopefully prices will eventually go down for both lines because of excess capacity.

Like!

I'm very happy, since also Mallorca will be port of call!

This move is no coincidence, I posted here some months ago that the Palma Port Authority had invested money in adapting the port to be able to handle Oasis class ships.

By the way, the itinerary only has 1 sea day, not 2. Ports of call will be: Barcelona - Palma (Mallorca) - Marseille - La Spezia - Civitavecchia - Naples - Sea Day - Barcelona

Congratulations to Palma. It is one of my favorite places to visit. At least Liberty will make it there one time on her Transatlantic this year.

As this is a Monday call, some of the cultural attractions in Palma should maybe review whether or not to open on Mondays during those 22 weeks.

And won't people have to pay the tax for onboard purchases out of Spain with that itinerary? I have sailed more times in Europe than the States. I'm not sure I will be able stretch the budget to enjoy her in Europe :(

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

According to the British Flyer (link can be found in the first post on this thread) the Allure is doing

12 night TA Fort Lauderdale - Malaga - Barcelona Apr 19-May1

12 night TA Barcelona - Malaga - Fort Lauderdale Oct 25

7 night cruises starting in Civitavecchia May 21 or Barcelona May 24 (Civitavecchia - Naples - sea day - Barcelona - Palma de Mallorca - Marseilles -La Spezia - Civitavecchia)

Because of the two embarkation ports there are two "additional" cruises available:

3 nights on Oct 22: Civitavecchia - Naples - sea day - Barcelona

5 nights on May 19: Barcelona - Palma de Mallorca - Marseille - La Spezia - Civitavecchia

I doubt there will be any other repo cruises as the gab for the dry dock is only May 1 til 19 (and I´d say they need at least 2 days to get her from Barcelona to Rotterdam and another 2 days back again).

steamboats

It is already confirmed that the Liberty will not sail in Europe next summer, so I guess that is what they will do

I'm also sad for the Liberty. we sailed on her from Barcelona in 2012 and it was just awesome!

Will she do Allure's 7 nights, or stay on the 5-5-4, or has that not been announced yet?

Like!

--------

I am hoping this will bring down prices on some of the remaining European sailings next year. Will be interesting to see how many folks who are already booked on other ships try to jump ship.

Having sailed on Allure I am excited for you all. I know many folks in Europe will love to try her as traveling to Florida from Europe with a family can be expensive and requires a mini mortgage.

Good luck to all.