Manhattan terminal for Gem and hotel

ottmar

We want to book the Norwegian Gem out of Manhattan for a 9 day cruise in March. Where is the terminal, an address would be appreciated since we are driving from Ohio.

Also, is there a hotel where I can check in for one night and that would have a shuttle to the ship and where I could leave my car for 9 days?

I realize those are a lot of questions and I hope they are asked in the right place.

....Ott

Also try the East Coast Departures board--lots of NYC information there.

Not sure where you can stay and leave your car--you can always park at the pier--$40 per day (prepaid) but surely the most convenient.

Love the Gem and cruising from NYC is wonderful.

There are several hotels -- most of them in NJ -- that offer a pre-cruise package where you stay for one night, get a shuttle to the cruise pier and parking for your car for the length of your cruise, usually with a limit of 14 days or so (on the ones I have seen, you are then responsible for getting back to the hotel at cruise end). I have not used them myself, since I live in NJ, but if you look through the member reviews of the Gem you will see them mentioned in some of them. One that I know of that has such a package is the Embassy Suites in Secaucus, NJ, which is about 10 minutes outside of the Lincoln Tunnel (not counting traffic); you can check the details at their website.

Edited by Lizcourt