Opinions and questions re: Vibe on the Breakaway

RickinNYC

Howdy folks! Going to sail on the Breakaway in a couple of weeks. Was wondering what those of you that have purchased the Vibe passes thought. Because we will be sailing in mid-February, I figured the outer decks will be too cold to enjoy the first day and a half, and the last day.

Would purchasing the passes really be worth it? I'm leaning towards yes.

Also, from what I understand, there are two tiers of passes. One at $79 per person, which gets you admission. But there's another at $299 for two people, which gets you a cabana. Can someone clarify if that $299 still includes the $100 credit for food and drinks (purchased in Vibe only)?

Thanks in advance to all!

We had Vibe passes for our August Breakaway cruise. For us, it was very much worth it, as the ship was jammed, and weather was warm. If you have money to throw away, I would get the passes, as you are cruising during President's Week, and the ship will probably be sold out. If money is a bit tight, I would skip the passes. There is an area right next to Vibe which was always empty - tons of lounge chairs right there that no one ever used. I wasn't impressed with the cabanas. They were just round loungers with clamshell covers. Very windy up on Vibe. If you like the sun, you couldn't take the cover off. There were plenty of umbrellas up on Vibe to use, and the loungers were quite comfy. I don't know if the $100 food/drink credit or $300 for a cabana is worth it when you take in the weather conditions cruising down and back. If I were losing out on 3 days of Vibe use, I might just skip it for a winter trip and use the money for something else. (drinks!)

H,

we have never purchased Vibe passes but we have been on the Breakaway three times...two times the ship was full - one was the May 2013 Inaugural cruise and the second was on the Christmas 2013 cruise.

I have found there always are loungers available some place on the ship. If you are a big pool person then you may have a problem.

You can always go to Spike H2O - the adults only area -- no pool but a cooling fountain, hot tubs, bar, lounges, day bed,....really nice.