aft cabins

If you go for one, just remember the cabins above you are able to look down on you while you are on your balcony. No privacy.

Only if you're standing at the railing, on Vision or Radiance class ships.:)

We enjoyed our aft cabin, but I'd like to try one on a ship where the aft balconies are in a less of a stair-step configuration.

For that, you need to try Princess. Their aft cabins go straight down to the water, and if you have a balcony on the corner, the sense of privacy is amazing. But on the upper decks, you really understand that it's a loooooong way down to the water. I had a touch of vertigo the first time I looked over the rail of a Caribe (Deck 10) aft balcony.:eek:

Independence of the Seas Deck 10, 1402??

Stayed in 1702 on Liberty and loved it. Cabin w the same size as a regular D1 but the balcony was huge. Sorry no pictures but we had 2 chairs, a table, a lounger that we had to get from the pool deck and still room for the hammock that we purchased in Cozumel.

We will be in Freedom of the Seas #1402 in September for a B2B. Haven't stayed in it before, but the research I've done has turned up nothing but good reviews. If only 1400 or 1700 were available. :p

Not sure if you've checked it out yet, but here's FOS #1702 (Same cabin, other side) FOS #1702

Send me a review, looking forward to our cruise...

• 7 months later...
Stayed in 1702 on Liberty and loved it. Cabin w the same size as a regular D1 but the balcony was huge. Sorry no pictures but we had 2 chairs, a table, a lounger that we had to get from the pool deck and still room for the hammock that we purchased in Cozumel.

How does the hammock work??

~Jacey ]

Has anyone any experience of the aft balconies on Splendour deck 7 please? I'm currently booked in a suite but as I don't use many of the suite perks, I'm considering switching to an aft balcony as I spend most of my time out there.