Do you think these handles will fit on a soda cup?

PattyW

There is a chip in the bottom of the cup, once you remove the cup, you have to wait 15 minutes to refill it, so that will not work. We had a family in front of us the first day that had bought one package and wanted to sample to decide if it was worth buying cups for everyone. The Dad tried one flavor and tried to get another and it said he had to wait. He took a fit because he got a "defective" cup and was going to get a new one. When we explained the timer, he said that wasn't going to work, and he was going to go get his money back.:cool::rolleyes:
I was going with my first hand experience using the chip cup on the Explorer back in 2012. I poured a mouth full, drank it, then switched to my back up flavor and filled the cup with no problem. The trick is to do it quickly, if you hesitate, then it will not work, but as usual, YMMV.

To the OP, I am going to see if the BBB near me has any of those handles. If I am able to get one, I will let you know how it fits on my freestyle cup. I looked at the handles on the Tervis tumbler website and there is a single ring handle that might be a better choice for the tapered cups. I will let you know if I find one.

There are 7 color choices at BBB. Black, Red, Turquoise, Fushia, Lime Green, Neon Yellow & Neon Orange. The double ring version is for the 24 oz. Tervis tumbler and the single ring version is for the 16 oz. Tervis tumbler. Both are 5.99.

There are 7 color choices at BBB. Black, Red, Turquoise, Fushia, Lime Green, Neon Yellow & Neon Orange. The double ring version is for the 24 oz. Tervis tumbler and the single ring version is for the 16 oz. Tervis tumbler. Both are 5.99.

Yes, I saw what they have online, but I am going into my local store, so their selection is likely different. The OP is trying to use one of the handles on the freestyle cup which is not the same as a tervis tumbler. The lower ring is likely too wide from my measurements of the freestyle cup.

Yes, I saw what they have online, but I am going into my local store, so their selection is likely different. The OP is trying to use one of the handles on the freestyle cup which is not the same as a tervis tumbler. The lower ring is likely too wide from my measurements of the freestyle cup.
On the BBB website there is a click through to see what is available at a store and my local store had all of the color choices available. Also, post # 7 of this thread mentioned the Tervis handle fitting the freestyle cup. But, the writer of that post did not mention if it was the aforementioned 2 ring handle or possibly only the 1 ring version. I had assumed that it was indeed the 2 ring version since that is what the OP had a picture of and what this thread was all about, but of course you know about what sometimes happens when you assume. ;)

You are all so kind!

For my purposes (trying to hook the cups on the bag via caribiner) I would need the closed handle option. The other probably would fit better, but it wouldn't hook on the bag :-(

I think that the bottom part will likely be too big. I don't know if I could bulk it up somehow to stabilize it, but as long as the top fits, that will allow it to serve its purposes (easier to carry and to differentiate everyone's cups)

You are all so kind!

For my purposes (trying to hook the cups on the bag via caribiner) I would need the closed handle option. The other probably would fit better, but it wouldn't hook on the bag :-(

I think that the bottom part will likely be too big. I don't know if I could bulk it up somehow to stabilize it, but as long as the top fits, that will allow it to serve its purposes (easier to carry and to differentiate everyone's cups)

I will let you know if I get to a BBB today, I have to go to a few different places today depending on how my first appointment goes. I know there are at least three different stores I might be near if I don't get what I need at my first appointment.

I think an elastic band, either above or below the bottom ring, might stop the handle from sliding off.

Will keep you posted.:)

You are all so kind!

So, I checked them out and personally, I wouldn't buy them. They do not have all the colors in the stores anyway, so you would have to order online to get 5 different colors. You can push the top ring up onto the wider part of the cup but the bottom ring is a full finger width away from the side of the cup. The top ring is a smooth plastic, while the bottom ring is the same plastic but with a rubberized lining to keep the handle snug on the cup. With the cups hanging off your pool bag, they will eventually loosen and fall out.

Could someone post a picture of what the freestyle cups look like? We are getting the replenish package on our upcoming cruise and I want to get some ideas on carrying them around, or labelling them in dome fashion to tell them apart.

Thanks

Jan

I'm looking at something like these for my upcoming cruise. I like it because you can put a carabiner on the strap and strap it to something, or you can sling it over your shoulder (or crossbody for someone small) and carry it that way. A little more than the Tervis handles, but it's also something you can use once you're back from the cruise to hold regular water bottles. Amazon has a bunch of different colors on these.

http://www.amazon.com/NEOSLING-Adjustable-Neoprene-Bottle-Holder/dp/B004VAARMG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1391804834&sr=8-5&keywords=neoprene+drink+holder

(Can't post a pic from this computer, I'll try to load the link later)

Edited by Jobeth66

Could someone post a picture of what the freestyle cups look like? We are getting the replenish package on our upcoming cruise and I want to get some ideas on carrying them around, or labelling them in dome fashion to tell them apart.

Thanks

Jan

This is a picture that Daghis posted.

normal_image~55.jpg

He had this cup in January, we had the same style in August.

While I think it will fit in the holder Jobeth has posted, it will have to be kept level or else it will leak.

41K-G227T5L.jpg

These are what I linked to above.

Those are cute, but little more than I'm looking for. However, you've given me some more directional leads - I'm going to look into waterbottle holders and see if I can find something with more of a small loop rather than the over the shoulder holder.

Why can't Tervis have this one that says "ship" instead of boat??

33867542224075p?qlt=85,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bilin&id=ROpSp0&hei=853&wid=853&fmt=png-alpha

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Tervis-reg-Life-is-Better-on-a-Boat-16-Ounce-Goblet/1042224075?Keyword=Tervis

I understand the OP's dilemma. As a mom, too, it was oftentimes just easier to carry everything than to worry about where things were!

handle_zps241342db.jpg

I'm brainstorming ways to not only keep track of 5 soda cups, but differentiate them as well. I'm thinking I could hook a few onto the handle of my pool bag via caribiner if I added handles. Do you think these would work? As a bonus they come in a variety of colors so we'll know whose is whose.

They sell these in Florida at Beall's.

This is a picture that Daghis posted.

normal_image~55.jpg

He had this cup in January, we had the same style in August.

While I think it will fit in the holder Jobeth has posted, it will have to be kept level or else it will leak.

I'm thinking about buying one for Daghis so he can let me know how it fits. :)

Might not work for danging from a caribiner, but I just pulled the double-ring Tervis handle off my 24 oz Disney cruise cup and put it on the Freestyle one. We had the Replenish package and since we don't drink soda never used the cups on the ship...but now I'm using it for water. And I find it to be rather large for my hand, and rather slippery. The Tervis handle is great!

But yes, the lower ring is way too big. Doesn't matter for my purposes, though.

When did the cups change? My cup from the Allure this past May has a different shape than the one shown here. Mine also has a tall black top on it. Have they started providing a straw with them yet?

I don't know exactly, but we got the kind you are talking about on our last cruise in 2012. No straw.

I don't know exactly, but we got the kind you are talking about on our last cruise in 2012. No straw.

We got no straw when we were on the Freedom but I kept getting a tall straw from Cafe Promenade. They had them where you can buy the premium coffee drinks. They had short straws too but they only stick out of the cup about an inch.