Wifi - FaceTime?

Nope. Not on Oasis anyway.

Add Allure to the list of no FaceTime. Just got off her Sunday.

We discovered a few years ago on Oasis and Allure when you tried to FaceTime out it would connect and then instantly fail. We then called home by phone to the in-laws and had them FaceTime us. It would connect with some lag but it would work. In the last year or so they must have changed their in coming data rates as incoming FaceTime calls would no longer connect either.

Doesn't really change the fact now as it doesn't work now. However, prior to the changes we arranged a time that home would FT us to avoid that expensive quick phone call to the DS. It was nice to see him and talk with him VS just hearing him. It was also a great way to rub in the warm weather when it was snowing at home.

Doesn't really change the fact now as it doesn't work now. However, prior to the changes we arranged a time that home would FT us to avoid that expensive quick phone call to the DS. It was nice to see him and talk with him VS just hearing him. It was also a great way to rub in the warm weather when it was snowing at home.

My DW purchased the unlimited plan to FT with our 9 month old grandson who she takes care of two days a week. We tried it both ways too. At one point my DD had to text her to stop trying because it would connect and immediately drop and Grandma would just keep trying. :rolleyes: Needless to say grandma was having separation anxiety and it got worse until my DD started emailing pictures to her to get her fix. :D

My DW purchased the unlimited plan to FT with our 9 month old grandson who she takes care of two days a week. We tried it both ways too. At one point my DD had to text her to stop trying because it would connect and immediately drop and Grandma would just keep trying. :rolleyes: Needless to say grandma was having separation anxiety and it got worse until my DD started emailing pictures to her to get her fix. :D

It is the same thing for my DW. She really likes that visual connection to the people at home, especially our son. I am good with a phone call every three days or so but I am also able to do it more often if needed. Happy wife, happy life.

Needless to say we were unhappy when we discovered that FT calls to the ship no longer connected, especially when we got it to work previously.