Credit card for child?

Pennipops

I have completed all my information for immigration passport numbers etc etc for my self my husband and our daughter. However they want a credit card number and authorization for a credit card for my 13 year old. Obviously she doesn't have a credit card, and I don't see why she needs access to one as I'll buy her the soda card thing. Does it matter if I leave the info blank? Thnaks.

I have completed all my information for immigration passport numbers etc etc for my self my husband and our daughter. However they want a credit card number and authorization for a credit card for my 13 year old. Obviously she doesn't have a credit card, and I don't see why she needs access to one as I'll buy her the soda card thing. Does it matter if I leave the info blank? Thnaks.

I assume this if for your upcoming Princess cruise. They will charge her account for the autotip each day.

DD used to tell us that "kids are people too" and this is very true on cruise ships. Nearly every cruise line now issues a "cruise card or sea card" to each passenger (including kids). This card serves as the key card for your cabin, a charge card for onboard purchases, and an ID card that you need to get on and off the ship at ports. Kids can use their card to purchase certain products (such as soda and "mock" drinks) but most lines do give the parents some control over limits. When our DD was on a RCI cruise at about 8, she once took several of her friends (all around her age) into a bar and bought them sodas (like a grown up would buy drinks for friends). Had to smile when she told us about it. In subsequent days her friends "bought the drinks." Kind of cute :).

Hank