My (poor) experience with the Ultimate Package.

Iandidar

I'm trying to decide on which drink package to get on an upcoming Liberty of the seas cruise. What is considered the premier coffee. I read somewhere that Starbucks was not included and don't know if it's on the Liberty. Does anyone know?

Assuming Liberty is the same situation as on Freedom... We got all our lattes, mochas, and frappucinos from the espresso bar at Cafe Promenade. It was Starbucks espresso in Starbucks cups with Starbucks straws. Everything but the name of the place was Starbucks.

If you're on a with with "a Starbucks", you can't get your lattes there, but find the other coffee places and get the lattes there.

"We cannot apologize enough for the extended delay in our response. More customers than ever before are choosing the convenience of email as their primary mode of communication. As a result, the turnaround time for responses has increased." as per the reply you quoted....

What a load of crap. We are cutting staff like never before and hope that if we take a while you will forget and not bother us again. I hate it when companies try and blame customer volumes for their lack of staff to address issues and enquiries. We are still waiting for a reply to questions about booking specialty restaurants on the web site. Instead we booked when we arrived, only to be greeted at the counter of the "specialty" restaurant with a very abrupt attitude. We of course put that in the survey. Not that we think that makes much difference.

So sorry that 50 million passengers is too many for you to handle. I can't imagine how time consuming it was to send back a generic apology. Glad you got a response anyhow. That is better than many people we talk to have received.

Good on you for letting people on CC know that paying the difference is a company policy. So often we take the NO CAN DO response from staff as given fact.

• 6 months later...
The 12.00 cap refers to glasses of wine, in which there are many that are over 12.00. The 10.00 cap refers to mixed drinks, in which there are not too many that exceed the cap. There are a few single malt scotches and cognacs that are well over 10 such as JW Blue as well as a couple of martinis and margaritas that are 10.25 and 10.50.

if this margarita is frozen and not on the rocks, would it not be covered by the premium drink package at full price?

michael

if this margarita is frozen and not on the rocks, would it not be covered by the premium drink package at full price?

michael

The Premium package covers any mixed drink (including frozen margaritas) that is listed in the menu up to $10. If you order a drink that exceeds $10, you should only be charged the difference.

The Premium package covers any mixed drink (including frozen margaritas) that is listed in the menu up to $10. If you order a drink that exceeds $10, you should only be charged the difference.

i thought according to the premium list of included drinks, it said frozen drinks. didn't know there was a monetary value to this also.

thanks.

Do you know how much the drink of the day ususally costs?

Michael

something similar with the Diamond perks. There is a list of drinks that are available from 530-830 pm. You can get mixed drinks but not cocktails. Rum and coke is ok, gin and tonic is ok, but not mojito's.

I guess it depends how you define "cocktail". We are able to get Martinis, Cosmos, Lemon Drops. Even non-frozen Margaritas. However, no blender drinks.

Edited by clarea

michael

We cruised on the Liberty in January and I had the premium package. I drank margaritas with Patron and all sorts of martini's and not once was I charged an extra penny.

i thought according to the premium list of included drinks, it said frozen drinks. didn't know there was a monetary value to this also.

thanks.

Do you know how much the drink of the day ususally costs?

Michael

Yes, the premium package includes frozen drinks.

The drink of the day varies, usually between $6 and $8.

It seems to me that RC in trying to capture the most dollars has created a system that is too cumbersome for the staff. There are way too many packages. Loved it on Oceana. It covered anything they had to offer no questions. This post has made me rethink the package. The intent of the package is not to have to worry every time a drink is ordered. It does seem wine is more the issue which is my drink of choice.

I appreciate this post getting bumped up to some new life. We've been waffling on packages for our January cruise. I don't want to be one of "Those" who has the printout handy at a moment's notice, but the experiences shared here make it seem like it might not be a bad idea. The old "bring an umbrella in hopes you'll never need it" line of thinking.

We have the premium pkg. for our upcoming Allure cruise in 3 weeks. Because of various problems I have read here on CC, I have extensive email copies from customer service concerning all aspects of our pkg., concerning the questions I asked. Some of which I knew the answer to, but just wanted it in writing from the home office. Forewarned is forearmed. These copies will be in my luggage. I don't anticipate a problem as I think they are the exception rather than the norm, but they do happen from time to time. It doesn't hurt to have backup to prove your point. The other point will be to try to keep any disagreement (if there even is one)on a polite and non belligerent tone. If I don't get the right answer, I will just go up the line. The last thing I want is an argument at the scene that impinges on the ambiance for my fellow cruisers.

Mary Ann

Bad training or not...the CUSTOMER should NOT have to wait around until the managers figure out what's going on.....takes the edge off your buzz, and aggravates you! That's no way to vacation.

If RCI (or any cruise line) is going to offer packages, they should know how to handle it. Period.

We had zero problems with our drink package. We used it last year and all the staff was great. And we drank glasses of wine that were more than 12. It probably doesn't come up that often because most people that have paid for the package, don't want to spend one cent more.:D:D

can't beleave that royal caribbean and celebrity cruise are the same firm on celebrity it runs like clockwork i think monkeys are running royal caribbean come adam sort them out we all love royal caribbean but some of your people give you a bad name and spoil our wow factore

It's probably written somewhere, but could not find the answer clearly. My apologies if i am for asking "again".... RCCLs beverage packages can per purchased seperatley correct? My other half drinks very little if any, Can we purchase 1 alcohol package and 1 soda package for the stateroom? then if she decides she wants to try a specialty drink we just pay outright.

[quote name='amflor']It's probably written somewhere, but could not find the answer clearly. My apologies if i am for asking "again".... RCCLs beverage packages can per purchased seperatley correct? My other half drinks very little if any, Can we purchase 1 alcohol package and 1 soda package for the stateroom? then if she decides she wants to try a specialty drink we just pay outright.[/quote]
Correct, you no longer have to buy the same (or any) package as your cabin mate.

it is unfortunate that you experienced this from Mustafa who in our opinion has always been one of the most welcoming and hospitable members of the speciality dining team.

[quote name='Dave85']

..................Regarding this Mustafa Sen at 150 Central Park, I wouldn't worry too much about it... if he's speaking to his superiors like that I highly doubt he'll be there for long. Very strange though.[/QUOTE]