How long in the Viking Musuem (OSLO)

How much time should we allow for the Kon-Tiki Museum and the Fram Museum? About an hour each also?
That's probably about right for most visitors. I tend to take more time in places like that, but I still managed both in about 3½ hours.
Does anyone have or know a website with the ferry schedules?
This site allows you to search for ferry and other public transport timetables: http://www.trafikanten.no/

There is a small language switch link (a flag) on the left hand side of the front page, although it's not easy to see. For ferries, make sure you use the advanced search and switch off the other transport modes.

Thanks for the information. It seems like if we rush to see the museums we won't get a chance to view anything else plus we'd be only spending a very short time in each. We may just have to skip the museums unless we do a ships tour or just go with the hop on/off bus and tour the city and Akershaus. I'd hate to go to Oslo and not get to see the city and be inside museums for the four hours. What are your views on this, I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

We took the first ferry at 8:45 a.m. We got off at the stop for the Viking Museum and walked up to the museum--got there around 9:15. We stayed until around 10:00, then walked to the Fram and Kon Tiki. We took the ferry back around 11:30 a.m. When we got back, we went to the National Gallery, saw a little more of the town, and got a few small souvenirs (most stores were closed--Sunday).

Oh, one more thing. We were there on Sunday, as I mentioned. The City Hall was closed and so were the stores. By the time we got to Oslo, we didn't care to see another palace (we still had more to go in Copenhagen). We didn't want to go to the Vigeland park or ski jump, so about all that was left was the things that we did. There were quite a few sculptures around the city (including Vigeland). We enjoyed the ferry ride and had a nice walk to the museums, since it was good weather. I think the Viking museum is supposed to be the main attraction in Oslo--so you won't want to miss it. We also like to see famous ships (and rafts, in this case).

Archived