How to get to the VERY front of Azura?

wingnutta

Hey all,

I read in a post on here a while back that you can get to the very front of azura (and i presume Ventura) - but its a little known fact and its not easily found..

I am sure it said Deck E RHS but for the life of me i just cannot find it on here!

Can anyone shed some light on how to get there please.

I know you can do it as i have seen people there in pictures and i have defo seen it on here, although im probably gonna have loads of people there now after this!! :D

Area highlighted below..

Cheers

2n82zyt.jpg

On Ventura the very front is crew only area but you can get out from a deck onto a public area but I cannot remember which deck this is. You would probably be able to work out where it is when you are on the ship. We took some nice photos from there as you can see up each side of the ship. I am sure someone else will be more helpful.

Hello,

Yes you can definitely get to this part of the ship on Azura, as I've done it!

I'm sure the access is via E deck; you just need to walk towards the front of the cabins & you'll see a door that is marked 'Access to Bow' or something similar.

See if you can find a deck plan of Azura & you'll be able to see the front (shaded). Sorry I tried to copy & paste one on here to show you but it wouldn't work!:mad:

Just be careful (especially if it's windy) as from memory the door is very heavy & there is a large metal step to navigate.

We loved it & were the only ones out there when we went to investigate.

There is a staircase from the Promenade but on Azura it was locked. You have to go inside and then as previous posts have said walk down the passenger cabin corridor and you will find a heavy door, I have a feeling its accessible through the art gallery but may be wrong. just take care when stepping out as it can be breezy, even in nice weather the ship is doing maybe 25mph so thats quite a headwind.On Ventura we stood right at the beak watching flying fish leap out in front of the ship.

have a quick look at ouir video at about 50 seconds in and that is Nic near the bow, There was no one there except us.:) I think lots of people dont realise you can access it, just like they dont know you can get across the back through a door on the port side.

When we were sailing into Malta in the Summer we went down onto E deck and it is exactly as others have described including the long walk along the corridor, big step, heavy door and strong winds! We were also allowed onto another deck which was usually staff only as we sailed towards the Black Sea but that was a special concession on that day.

On both Ventura and Azura the deck on the roof of the bridge was closed unfortunately, though we did berth next to Caribbean Princess which is an identical ship and the passengers were on the bridge roof there.

We were on Azura some years back and they opened that area for the sail out of Venice. Stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Having sailed on both ships I think I can clear this up !!

Azura - The "Clamshell" is accessible from - E Deck - simply walk right towards the front of the ship either on the Port (Left) or Starboard (Right) side of the ship and you will see a door saying "Passenger Access to the Bow " but be warned these 2 doors are both heavy and there is a step to step over in order to access the bow

Ventura - Again can walk through the door on E Deck by passengers cabins OR you can walk up a the steps from the Promenade Deck below

I prefer Azura because not many people know about the passenger access to the bow so its like having a private balcony but depending on the weather can be EXTREMELY windy

Edited by cruisefan2012

Having sailed on both ships I think I can clear this up !!

Azura - The "Clamshell" is accessible from - E Deck - simply walk right towards the front of the ship either on the Port (Left) or Starboard (Right) side of the ship and you will see a door saying "Passenger Access to the Bow " but be warned these 2 doors are both heavy and there is a step to step over in order to access the bow

Ventura - Again can walk through the door on E Deck by passengers cabins OR you can walk up a the steps from the Promenade Deck below

I prefer Azura because not many people know about the passenger access to the bow so its like having a private balcony but depending on the weather can be EXTREMELY windy

They do now:D:D

Thanks Trish we are on E Deck but the aft balcony Cabin E731 so it will be good exercise to walk the full length of the ship to get to that door !

Ooh E731 is a great cabin, We had that on Ventura in the Caribbean, Very nice!!:)

The corridor goes on for ever, but I think it stops before the bow doors!

Thanks Alvin Moondust - glad to know it is a good cabin it looks like you can see aft and side of the ship from the balcony - is that right? I read some reviews about the bathrooms in some cabins being a bit dated and the mould on the tiles around the baths being quite bad - so Hoping fingers crossed our cabin isn't like that - unless you made a mess of it when you were in there? - what what your steward like? was he/she good?

regards

sue x

It does annoy me that so often on the new ships, there are few places (if any) to get a good forward view without glass (usually tinted) in the way. I love to take photos as we sail into port but on Aurora or Adonia it's impossible. I hope that is thought about on Britannia!