Which island to choose?

WaveSplasher

Hey there fellow members,

I am going on a cruise trip to the Caribbean next year in March 2015 and its my first time cruising there and I need help.

The problem i'm having is that i cant decide which destination is better.

Labadee : Royal Caribbean

Half Moon Cay: Carnival

Castaway Cay : Disney

There are no restrictions to my travel plans,nor the ports of call, just cant decide which island would be better. I will appreciate your help :D

I am going on a cruise trip to the Caribbean next year in March 2015 and its my first time cruising there and I need help.

There are no restrictions to my travel plans,nor the ports of call, just cant decide which island would be better. I will appreciate your help :D

I have not been to Castaway Cay, but found Half Moon to be a beautiful beach with boats, horseback riding and as many other activities as I could want. Labadee had a glide cable, and possibly some other activity not at Half Moon, . but a really poor beach. Food service at the two was comparable. I think Labadee tends to be more crowded. It's one plus (minor in my view) is that Labadee has a pier, while Half Moon involves tendering.

Overall, because I am a beach and sailing person and do not like crowds, I think Half Moon wins.

While the itinerary is important to us, we don't typically choose an itinerary based on one specific port. Of three you have listed, what other ports are included on each itinerary? To answer your question, we've been to Labadee twice, and to Half Moon Cay once. We've never sailed on Disney. Of the two we've been to, we liked Half Moon Cay much better. It's one of the best beaches we've ever been to. It just depends on what you want to do while you're there. If you just want something that's as close to paradise as you can get, with a near perfect beach and beautiful water, choose HMC. If you want to mix it up a little with some souvenir shopping, snorkeling, or some other water related activity on a beach that's decent (but not necessarily the greatest), then choose Labadee. Maybe someone else that's been to Castaway Cay will give their opinion.

I would vote for Castaway Cay. Castaway Cay is hands down my favorite port! It's nice that Castaway Cay has a dock so that you can come and go as you please. Also, and don't quote me on this, but I think it is less likely for them to miss Castaway Cay than Half Moon Cay because it is easier to dock than tender.

The food is included and delicious on Castaway Cay so you don't have to worry about returning to the ship for lunch. My husband and I absolutely love the adult side of the island. You get there by open-air tram. It is absolute serenity. The family beach is also very nice and includes different activities. The Disney touches throughout the island are subtle, but they're there.

So, my vote would be for Castaway Cay, but I don't think you could go wrong with Half Moon Cay either.

Carnival's Half Moon Cay is not like any other ship's island/beach! They even have an information booth when you get off the tender. You can get a map here showing what's where. They have brick paths leading to the beach and other things. Along the path they have misting statins you can cool off in. There is a small chapel overlooking the beach, an open air shuttle to take you from where you get off the tender to the buffet and back, you can rent a wave runner, Sunfish sail boat or small catamarand and you can go horseback riding. I know there are things to do here I've forgotten. Oh, they have life guards on the beach too.

Haven't seen all this at any other ship's island! Go here!

Thanks for all your help, it will help with the planning much more easier. :D

The other ports are similar to each other..with the ones being San Juan and St Thomas with the exception of 1 or 2 extra ports like St Maarten and Grand Turk(Carnival)

If the toss-up is between Grand Turk and St. Maarten, St. Maarten wins hands down.