Pre cruise Hotel Fort Lauderdale

gorrylikelorry

Budget? Time of year? One night or several days? Rental car, cab or shuttles? On the beach or close to the port? :confused:

Without any more info we always try to stay at the Embassy Suites near the port -- shopping and dining within walking distance.

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites, Dania Beach before and will again this March. Nothing really fancy but a good location and we found it very clean. Free shuttle from the airport and $5 pp to ship or you can rent a car as it is not too far. Also a free hot breakfast.I booked ours through LMT and found it cheaper than on the hotel's website.

Basically close to the port, it will be January for one night!

Hope that helps.

Edited by D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL

Would love to hear recommendations also. Are there any hotels that have free transportation to the port? I am willing to pay a little extra if the place is nice and near stuff to do. I am considering 2 nights so kind of want a place near the beach. Been doing some Trip Advisor research, is it even possible to get a hotel on the beach AND near the port?

Does the Embassy Suites offer complimentary shuttle from airport to Hotel? ....and do you happen to know their charge for shuttle to cruise ship. We have stayed at Hyatt Place and Hampton Airport/Cruise port in the past.

We like the 17th street area and were looking at Embassy, Renaissance, Hilton Marina, Crown Plaza and Hyatt Place. There will be 10 of us and it is a diverse group in terms of age (IE: 18 & 19 yr olds to late 60's - 70). Walking long distances would be tough for several. THANKS FOR ANY THOUGHTS!

Would love to hear recommendations also. Are there any hotels that have free transportation to the port? I am willing to pay a little extra if the place is nice and near stuff to do. I am considering 2 nights so kind of want a place near the beach. Been doing some Trip Advisor research, is it even possible to get a hotel on the beach AND near the port?

The Lago Mar Resort is on the beach and close to the port. We'll be staying there in May. You'll pay a bit more than some of the others, but if you want to be on the beach, it's worth it.

Edited by cruise_control

We are staying at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort next month.

Stayed there before. Very nice hotel right on the beach. Lovely rooms with kitchenette, fantastic ocean-views. 2,5 miles from the port.

Booked this hotel at http://www.allcruisehotels.com/port/fort-lauderdale.html

Check it out, they have also more choices closer to the port.:)

Check out the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d217356-Reviews-Crowne_Plaza_Hollywood_Beach-Hollywood_Florida.html

It has an awesome pool, $1.00 trolley to the Hollywood boardwalk and it's on the Water Taxi route as well. It'll give you different options since you're considering 2 nights. Check out rates on last minute travel and sign up for their free club after a google search so that you can see the hotels and eliminate the opaque search. It's available in prime time in March for under 200 a night with tax.