OK, Celebrity. What is up

irishayes

I live in Eugene, Oregon, next town to one of their call centers and we are having a huge ice storm, everyone told to stay off the roads. So Miami and wherever else are handling ALL the calls today. If not an emergency, maybe wait to call tomorrow.

I waited on hold an hour and 45 min only to be told my issue had to be escalated, then about 20 min later, told I had reached the concierge desk who didn't do escalations. Finally someone took my phone number and called me back 3 hours after initial phone call to tell me I was out of luck with my issue, but they could offer me an upgraded room for an additional $679!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41611438&posted=1#post41611438

It would be nice if they would add a blurb to the IVR advising of the issue. I heard "approximately 13 min hold time" when I first dialed.

It is called Modern Luxury.

Here are a couple of explanations.

With the Internet more employees are now able to work at home and my guess is they were not able to get to work because of the weather conditions.

Celebrity has upgraded their website and it has confused the employees.

Because Celebrity has caused the confusion by the upgrade they decided to hold a training sessions and everyone attended leaving no one to man the fort.

Everyone took leave to watch the Olympics.

Celebrity held a employee recognition cruise thinking that the employees could work on board didn't consider that the internet was so slow or the phone connection wasn't possible.

🚢🌅🍸🍻

That really annoys me when a company, any company, complete miscalculates its hold time. If I know an accurate number I can choose what to do, but an hour when they say 15 minutes is just unacceptable.

I must have been darn lucky yesterday when I called to make a final cruise payment. The recording indicated a seven minute wait, so I checked the time. The wait time was actually about four minutes! I also would be annoyed if the call time had been estimated to be 15 minutes, and the actual wait was an hour.

I guess this all adds to the reasons we prefer to use a major online TA (not to mention more OBCs, prepaid gratuities, etc). We always shop around for the best overall deal when we book and check 4 or 5 of our favorite online TAs vs the cruise line's own web site. I should add that all but one of our favorite TAs work 7 days a week and are even open when some of the cruise lines are closed. Our average wait time with the TAs is less then a minute if we want to call, but most issues are easier to handle via a quick e-mail.

Hank

P.S. When it comes to our final payment we do not need to call or e-mail anyone. The TAs handle it for us and most of them send an e-mail confirming the payment was processed.

Edited by Hlitner

That really annoys me when a company, any company, complete miscalculates its hold time. If I know an accurate number I can choose what to do, but an hour when they say 15 minutes is just unacceptable.

cancel

Edited by dkjretired