What's Going On with CC Today?

startwin

Yikes. I just spent an hour writing up a review for my recent Noordam cruise. It looked like everything was ok, and I posted it - but it's nowhere to be seen. Hopefully, it will show up eventually. I'd hesitate to write it up all over again.

Welcome Back, Donna.

I'm going to look for your review. I didn't see it on the thread list on my first glance.

Hope you had a great time.

Don't be so quick to blame college kids for slowing down CC. It may well be CC employees that are live streaming the Olympics while at work. My company has sent out a couple of warnings about watching sporting events such as the Olympics or Masters while working on company servers (at home or at the office) because it causes major problems.

If there's too much traffic using unusually large bandwidth at the same time, the servers simply will not be able to handle it all. Employees are more likely the cause than college kids.

Or, CC could simply be experiencing technical difficulties like all websites due from time-to-time. :)

I didn't blame college kids. When I was first online in 1997 every school break the computers slowed down and we would blame it on them being home. That was back in the day of dial up and not everyone having 4 means of communicating through the web. Things have changed a lot since those days.

So, that was merely my way of saying that I highly doubt it has anything to do with people streaming the Olympics, and I find the probability of it being CC employees (do the have any? Or even many?) even more unlikely. I opined it was merely them working on the site.

Maureen