bringing non-alcoholic beverages on board

JessToni

We have cruise before and always brought some soda (a brand not sold on ship) and bottled water with us. We live locally so it was easy to just bring an extra bag. I know on other cruise lines they say this is allowed and I thought it always was on Royal Caribbean too, but when I spoke with someone last night they told me it is not allowed?

Has anyone brought non alcoholic stuff with them on bard recently??

Thank you!

officially the answer is no, nothing other than the 2 bottles of wine per cabin is permitted.

UNofficially, very few issues doing so except during Spring Break weeks. some embarkation ports are far more lenient than others as well.

We always carry a case of water on. We don't send it on as you may be called down to get it. So we put it in a rollaboard and carry it on with us. No problem. They may shake it to see if it's alcohol, but that's about it. As others have said, you can also just slap a tag on it and it'll likely come to your cabin. Plus we also have bought liters in town during port stops. Same thing, no problem bringing it on.

I carried some plastic bottled cranberry juices and plastic bottled flavored iced teas in my bags on Freedom in June, no problems. We also carried a case of bottled water and didn't need it. They were large "sport sized" deer parks. Next time I will carry 1 per person per port day, no more. A case was a waste of space and a heavy inconvenience. I recommend a reusable water bottle and some dish soap and paper towels instead. Plenty of places to fill up reusable water bottles on the ship, but you must put the water in a disposable cup first, then into your bottle. I have a medical condition where I must consume large quantities of water per day to keep from passing out, and I still regretted taking an entire case of water.