no electric

doormaster

We're on Connie and all is fine. The boom was the pirate ship excursions. The captain announced the cause of the electrical outage, I could not hear him, we were in our stateroom. The biggest issue we saw was elderly folks struggling with the stairs as elevators were out. We spent a nice day I key west and are in route to Cozumel

Now that's funny! :D

Not far from reality, but still funny.

Not too far, because that EXACT thing happened this week.

Also, sometimes I wish X would have the important announcements be broadcast in the staterooms. I think this announcement would qualify.

We also just returned from this cruise. The outage was for 90 minutes; approx from 9 am to 10:30 am while docked in Key West. It was no big deal, the Captain and Crew handled it well. I had a conversation with the Captain and he told me it was a computer glitch. They found it and fixed it and did several follow up checks to insure all was good.

We decided to sleep in that day and totally missed the whole thing! Ha, ha!!! So, to reply to the poster who wished they made that announcement something you could hear in the staterooms I say, so glad they didn't! Another example of how differently things are perceived.

Have any passengers staged a sit-in protesting the 2 hours with no electricity and demanded a free cruise for their inconvenience yet?

No sit in protest, but plenty guest trying to get various discounts.

I overheard some requesting a refund, but apparently they found out that the guests were not even on board when it happened.

Not too far, because that EXACT thing happened this week.

Also, sometimes I wish X would have the important announcements be broadcast in the staterooms. I think this announcement would qualify.

We decided to sleep in that day and totally missed the whole thing! Ha, ha!!! So, to reply to the poster who wished they made that announcement something you could hear in the staterooms I say, so glad they didn't! Another example of how differently things are perceived.

While I wish they would revert to the way they had it years ago where there was a volume control knob in your cabin that the passenger could set to hear the announcements in your cabin or not, as you wished.