Recommendations for beautiful Mykonos beach?

hsaroya

My family, which includes 2 teens, will be in Mykonos in early Aug. We are planning on taking a public bus into town, exploring, and then possibly taking another public bus to a beach. I'd prefer something with some amenities, loungers, restaurant close by, not horribly crowded, beautiful water, tranquil, not party oriented. If you have any experience with the busses or the beaches, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Given your wants we would strongly recommend boing to Paradise Beach. You can catch a local bus (from the bus station near the Windmills) or get a taxi. Paradise has chairs for rent, facilities (including a café/restaurant), an excellent sandy beach, a good ocean swimming area, and a pool. The downside is this beach can get crowded (but we have always been able to rent loungers). The kids would probably appreciate a populated beach where they might meet some other kids.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I would also recommend Paradise Beach. We went a couple of years ago and it was beautiful. We want to return so we can take one of the side-trips they offered to an out island/beach. They have a little store at the bus stop to get a drink for the return trip.

Does anyone have info on how much a taxi is from the port to Kalafatis or Paradise Beach?

How reliable is the bus transportation?

Can't speak for price of taxis as we've always got a bus to the beach.

Buses are reliable and regular with a timetable available at the bus stops. The real challenge is finding the bus station amongst all the winding streets :D