Playa Mia Waterpark

Kingisacruiser

Hi all!

I am looking into excursions for my cruise in August. I am having trouble deciding between Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia. But I am leaning heavily toward Playa Mia because of the Waterpark for the kiddos (DS 9, DD 8, DS 6 at the time of travel). However, I have one question. Can adults use the waterslides and enjoy the waterpark as well. My DH and I are sort of big kids and DSD 17 will be travelling with us as well.

TIA.

I have been to both. You can find a full review of Playa Mia in my signature line.

The waterpark is more or less for children. Adults really can't "play" in it. It's shallow. The water slides are for children and adults and empty into a big pool. There's also a HUGE pool and hot tub located right beside the water park area. They have a smaller pool down by the beach and ocean and the ocean has water toys. So, it's a fun day for sure.

We went to Mr Sanchos a few months ago...my full review for Mr Sanchos is located HERE and starts around post #395. There are tons of pictures as well. :)

Thanks Mitsugirly. I am actually in the process of going through your review for Playa Mia. I will definitely check out your Mr. Sanchos review as well. I see that Playa Mia was not crowded when you visited. Unfortunately, there are three ships scheduled to be in port the day I will visit.

Thanks Mitsugirly. I am actually in the process of going through your review for Playa Mia. I will definitely check out your Mr. Sanchos review as well. I see that Playa Mia was not crowded when you visited. Unfortunately, there are three ships scheduled to be in port the day I will visit.

You are very welcome.

Only 3 ships in port in Cozumel the day you are there? :eek: That's a VERY light day. There probably won't be many people there the day you go for sure. Most times we have went to cozumel, there were 7-8 ships in port. I can't remember off the top of my head at the moment how many ships were in port the day we went to Playa Mia but I think there was 3 ships. You'll have a good day. :)

• 3 months later...
You are very welcome.

Only 3 ships in port in Cozumel the day you are there? :eek: That's a VERY light day. There probably won't be many people there the day you go for sure. Most times we have went to cozumel, there were 7-8 ships in port. I can't remember off the top of my head at the moment how many ships were in port the day we went to Playa Mia but I think there was 3 ships. You'll have a good day. :)

hi, i was wondering how to access your review for playa mia. im sorta new to this site.

My family and I have been to both and we prefer playa Mia because of the water park for our kids 7, 5, and 2. I have been going to playa Mia since 1995 so I would say I am a little bias. You really can't go wrong with either. We will be at playa Mia next week from the Breeze. The water slides are fun for kids and adults and the large pool is very relaxing. Food is decent and the drinks are always good. The pirate ship area is mostly for kids 5 and under but my 7 year old will play in that area with her younger sisters. The beach is just ok but about the same as mr sanchos. Have a great trip.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I went to Playa Mia twice in 2006 before the water park was added. We loved it. A fun atmosphere. Our last visit to Cozumel we did the AI at Mr. Sancho's. We enjoyed that as well, but if was definitely much quieter. We are taking are 2 kids (who will be 5 and 6 at the time) on their first cruise this coming Thanksgiving on the Carnival Sunshine. I am heavily leaning towards Playa Mia also due to the waterpark. Also, we live in Florida so can pretty much go to a beach anytime, so this will be something different. I just realized this is no longer available through Carnival for some reason. I have no problem booking this on my own, but I'm wondering if I need to buy a ticket for my 4YO who will be 5 in October since it on Carnival it was free for 5 and under?

My husband and I went to Playa Mia twice in 2006 before the water park was added. We loved it. A fun atmosphere. Our last visit to Cozumel we did the AI at Mr. Sancho's. We enjoyed that as well, but if was definitely much quieter. We are taking are 2 kids (who will be 5 and 6 at the time) on their first cruise this coming Thanksgiving on the Carnival Sunshine. I am heavily leaning towards Playa Mia also due to the waterpark. Also, we live in Florida so can pretty much go to a beach anytime, so this will be something different. I just realized this is no longer available through Carnival for some reason. I have no problem booking this on my own, but I'm wondering if I need to buy a ticket for my 4YO who will be 5 in October since it on Carnival it was free for 5 and under?

I had read that Carnival had cancelled with Playa Mia, so you would definitely have to book with another vendor. My guess is that if you book with another vendor and they have a price listed for a 5 year old, then you'll probably have to pay that. I know booking directly with the Playa Mia website, they charge for children ages 4 and up. :(

I had read that Carnival had cancelled with Playa Mia, so you would definitely have to book with another vendor. My guess is that if you book with another vendor and they have a price listed for a 5 year old, then you'll probably have to pay that. I know booking directly with the Playa Mia website, they charge for children ages 4 and up. :(

Thanks, that is what I figured. I think I'll just get the day pass for the kids and the AI for us. :)