Favorite and Least Favorite Ship

mander_44

I have sailed on at least one ship in every class except Freedom (it is on our list).

Favorite (ooh! this one is tough): probably Radiance class with all of the glass, the aft deck behind the Windjammer and the aft cabin balconies. I also really liked Allure. There is so much to do. Also, the artwork onboard was beautiful. But mostly, I loved the secret balconies, in particular when the diving show was rehearsing. Great place to relax.

Least favorite: Rhapsody: The staff was great and our trip was wonderful; however we were aft and there is a lot of vibration back there.

That said we would sail on any ship, anytime.

Anne:)

Wow, After seeing some great posts on this thread made me think what are my favorite ships and least favorite in RCCL. I have sailed mostly with RCCL with at least one of each class with the exception of Radiance which I will sail in November. I have also sailed once with HAL, Carnival, and NCL. Below is my rankings of favorite ship and least favorite. I will list first tRhe RCCL then my all around cruising favorite.

Favorite RCCL Ship: Well this is tough one. It used to be a tie between the Monarch and Freedom. Now I have to say that it is now Enchantment taking over the top spot followed by Freedom

RCCL Top 5 ships

1. Enchantment

2. Freedom

3. Oasis

4. Monarch

5. Independence

Well in terms of favorite ship overall, I have to give a slight edge to HAL Ryndam as it was my first ever cruise ship that I have ever sailed.

Top 4 Cruislines I have sailed

1. RCCL

2. HAL

3. Carnival

4. NCL

I don't really have a ship that I dislike. Maybee if I had one was the Pride of America from NCL. We were supposed to be in a JR Suite but the JR Suite on the Monarch was bigger.

We have sailed on every class with exception of Oasis class and for some reason,Oasis just does not appeal to us. We love any of the Radiance ships for size, views and the outdoor eating area. We will be sailing on Radiance in April so I am anxious to see if one of my favorite ships has been "ruined" by the upgrades.

I have enjoyed every ship we've sailed but if forced to pick a "least favorite", I would have to choose Majesty only because when we sailed last year, the ship seemed to be in need of some loving care. We still loved being on her and would go again but she definitely needed some work.

Sherri:)

Favorite Ships: Majesty and Navigator

Least Favorite: Radiance

Majesty was my first cruise back when she was doing 7 nighters and have sailed on her many times since. Ship's not quite the same as it was back then, but she's still my sentimental favorite. Love the Navigator as well.

Radiance is my least favorite hands-down. Did not care for the layout, the pool deck was WAY too small and cramped, and was the least-friendliest crew I've ever sailed with.

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

Favorite: Explorer of the Seas (and my next cruise, i believe so....Liberty!)

Less: Majesty ... was my first RCCL 20 (20?!) years ago! It was perfect then but now we prefer so much the biggest ships...we want so much to like the smaller ones but we can't forget the promenade, the ice show, lots of things to do...:rolleyes:

Not sure you have to be D+, we've done lunch with officers twice and one of the times our kids were invited and they were D.

I'm sure there are exceptions like that, but the amenities list says you get a meal with ship's officers only as D+ AND 340 points!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I'm sure there are exceptions like that, but the amenities list says you get a meal with ship's officers only as D+ AND 340 points!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I'm sure you are correct. As Mommabean said, it could have been because they were traveling with us. Also we all knew the Hotel Manager, we had cruised with him twice before and on one cruise we shared a table with his wife.:)

I'm sure you are correct. As Mommabean said, it could have been because they were traveling with us. Also we all knew the Hotel Manager, we had cruised with him twice before and on one cruise we shared a table with his wife.:)

Nice! Connections are always nice to have! :) Looking back, its pretty amazing that we had Captain's Table dinners on each of our first two cruises in the '80s, with no RCCL history or connections at all. Now, as experienced Diamonds, we find that pretty much out of reach...

Least Favorite: Radiance

Radiance is my least favorite hands-down. Did not care for the layout, the pool deck was WAY too small and cramped, and was the least-friendliest crew I've ever sailed with.

That was one of the reasons I didn't like the Radiance too. Plus our balcony cabin was located mid-ship and every night the piano in centrum had some kind of sing along until after midnight. If I had know that, would have moved our cabin further down. I think the other thing was we sailed on the Navigator first with the Promenade and this ship didn't have one. We were spoiled. LOL

So I guess these days to get the true "captain's table dinner" invite, you either have to be Pinnacle or have a gold-plated high-level connection of some kind...

Pinnacle doesn't get you there on many ships, either. Being the Captain's nationality or a high spender on a single cruise is a better bet, in our recent experience. On some ships, there is no Captain's table because too many people get their knickers in a twist when they aren't invited (and I've been guilty of that, but am slowly getting over it) - the event is now breakfast or a luncheon. And, although Allure is my least favorite ship, I will say that they had a very nice luncheon for Pinnacles at the Chef's Table, with the Captain and HD. D+ had a luncheon in the MDR - I didn't get a report on that.

Pinnacle doesn't get you there on many ships, either. Being the Captain's nationality or a high spender on a single cruise is a better bet, in our recent experience. On some ships, there is no Captain's table because too many people get their knickers in a twist when they aren't invited (and I've been guilty of that, but am slowly getting over it) - the event is now breakfast or a luncheon. And, although Allure is my least favorite ship, I will say that they had a very nice luncheon for Pinnacles at the Chef's Table, with the Captain and HD. D+ had a luncheon in the MDR - I didn't get a report on that.

Jean,

On our last cruise in May 2013 on Freedom of the Seas, we were invited to the Hotel Manager's table for dinner. That was very nice and we met some very nice people. My DD was very excited because at first she thought it was the Captain....but actually was still excited even after finding it wasn't. She became friendly with the Hotel Manager's wife that was on board that week. That was first time being invited to an event like that. Pretty cool!

Interesting, thanks...

• 3 months later...

My absolute favorite class is Radiance with the Jewel being our favorite ship.

Least favorite: Celebrity Century. It was a good cruise but comparing it with our cruises on RC, I think I prefer RC!:D

Sherri:)

For me, it depends on who's travelling with me, but I wouldn't refuse to go on any of them! :D I like Vision class, but only if we are travelling as a couple or with adult friends. Nice and airy and a bit quieter without being boring. Freedom for mixed age families. Enjoyed Navigator. Don't like Oasis. Too razzmatazz for our taste.

Favorite Ship: Adventure of the Seas. Loved it so much we've sailed her 4 times.

Least Favorite: Oasis of the Seas. Pool area ridiculously small for the number of passengers and the number of days at sea. We also love visiting the islands and the big ships don't/can't go there.

That said, if Adventure is a 10, Oasis was a 9.8.

Favorite: Jewel, mostly because of the attitude of her crew, but also because the ship is small enough to feel we're sailing and the expanse of glass seems to magnify our pleasure. We sailed on her five times before she moved to Puerto Rico. Close seconds are Radiance and Brilliance.

Least Favorite: None, although on Freedom our last cruise (out of four) was our least favorite Royal cruise. I'm not sure what caused the difference, but it seemed noisy and crowded to the point of claustrophobia, especially anywhere near the Windjammer. This will not, however, discourage us from sailing Freedom again any time we get the chance.

This is all subject to change, since we have five cruises booked right now: Enchantment, Explorer, Vision, Brilliance, and Vision again.

We have never had a bad cruise on RCI - the only bad cruise we've had was about 25 years ago when the Carnival Festivale was the only ship available over New Year's for a last-minute cruise. Our TA advised against it, but we thought it wasn't possible to have a bad cruise. We were wrong! Afterwards, I said the ship should be refurbished; my husband said it should be sunk.