Curious about Carnival

kbset

RCL had some issue with linens which is annoying, we were two females in a cabin and had only 2 bath towels, I need an extra towel when I wash my hair.

When you introduce yourself to the stewart in the beginning of the cruise, give him a tip and tell him that you need an extra towel. It worked for me.

We did Celebrity on our honeymoon cruise and we absolutely loved it!! No complaints!! :D

I just tried Celebrity for the first time and thought it was wonderful; the comfort, décor, food, ship layout, lack of CD announcements (on Carnival the CD's are in love with their own voices and blare announcements every 2 hours).

I know you asked between RCCL and CCL, but if you enjoyed Celebrity, why not stick to them? (Or an alternative you didn't mention is Princess.)

Carnival travelers come across less snobby.

I find it a bit amusing how some cruisers that prefer Carnival think that Royal cruisers are snobby, while some cruisers that prefer Royal think that Carnival cruisers are trashy :rolleyes:. Some Carnival cruisers think of themselves as being "down to earth", while some Royal cruisers see themselves as being "more discerning". IMHO, these statements say more about the person saying them than about the individual cruise line.

To the OP, we enjoy both cruise lines but for different reasons. We choose Carnival when we are on a budget, but still want to enjoy the basic pleasures of cruising, and are looking for a convenient itinerary close to home. We choose Royal when we want to take the cruise experience a few notches higher, with nicer ships, better entertainment, a wider food selection, and just a slightly more upscale experience.

Feel free to click on my Allure of the Seas and Carnival Dream reviews (links in my signature). On these I talk about and compare what I liked about each. Hope they are helpful giving you a better understanding how theses two cruise lines compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

When you introduce yourself to the stewart in the beginning of the cruise, give him a tip and tell him that you need an extra towel. It worked for me.

Actually, I tried to tip the Carnival steward the first cruise I made the pillow request, and I also requested ice for my cooler at the time same time and he refused the advance tip. It was left with more at the end of the cruise in addition to the auto-gratuity.

However, I do not think 3 towels for 2 people, 3-4 bath towels for a double occupancy room is standard in nearly every hotel or cruise ship I have traveled. A towel is not something that should require an extra tip given the level of service RCL claims to provide. I have read others complain about lack of linen, and reduced towel animals (I could care less about that, but it makes no sense because the towel animals could be made with the towels meant for use)...it just appears RCL experiences "linen shortages" quite often.

If i asked for extra towels and didn't get them there is no way I am going to tip the steward to get extra towels.

He might find his tip a little smaller at the end of the week.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Stewart who? People keep mentioning this guy "Stewart", but I've yet to meet him. Where is he? :rolleyes:

If i asked for extra towels and didn't get them there is no way I am going to tip the steward to get extra towels.

He might find his tip a little smaller at the end of the week.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

This. If steward can't handle a simple and reasonable request, I can't handle tipping extra.

I find it a bit amusing how some cruisers that prefer Carnival think that Royal cruisers are snobby, while some cruisers that prefer Royal think that Carnival cruisers are trashy :rolleyes:. Some Carnival cruisers think of themselves as being "down to earth", while some Royal cruisers see themselves as being "more discerning". IMHO, these statements say more about the person saying them than about the individual cruise line.

I find it more amusing that you would make this comment not knowing anything about me nor the circumstances that I based my comment/opinion. But guess that's what makes the world go round.

we have sailed both, first 3 RC last 3 Carnival and next 2 that are booked Carnival. We like them both but save money by sailing Carnival. We have been on the older ships and the updated ones, never had a complaint. As a matter of fact we sail in 6 days :D

I find it more amusing that you would make this comment not knowing anything about me.

My apologies, but the comment was not directed at you personally. It was a general observation using your comment as a springboard. Sorry if you felt singled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi