Pushy PPV and sales calls!!! Enough already.

rnff2

I understand that when you log on to your Carnival account that Carnival signals someone to call you, I get it, so they can get more bookings and make more money. But what I don't understand is why they don't already know that I booked the cruise and I used my travel agent to do so. If they have access to my phone and E-mail why can't they see what cruise I have booked. And since i use a TA they can't/won't help me if i were to have questions or problems anyway. I have received 4 phone calls in the past 6 days and when I tell them I have already booked and use a TA they hang right up on me. Tonight I even tried thank her for the call and that I'd appreciate that they not call me anymore because I do use a TA, but I don't think she heard me, because I just heard a dial tone...maybe I was being too nice. :confused:

I noticed I was getting those calls too and had similar circumstances, I just told them I had already booked through my own TA and the calls stopped. It is weird they wouldn't know we had booked already when they seem to know everything else/

I understand that when you log on to your Carnival account that Carnival signals someone to call you, I get it, so they can get more bookings and make more money. But what I don't understand is why they don't already know that I booked the cruise and I used my travel agent to do so. If they have access to my phone and E-mail why can't they see what cruise I have booked. And since i use a TA they can't/won't help me if i were to have questions or problems anyway. I have received 4 phone calls in the past 6 days and when I tell them I have already booked and use a TA they hang right up on me. Tonight I even tried thank her for the call and that I'd appreciate that they not call me anymore because I do use a TA, but I don't think she heard me, because I just heard a dial tone...maybe I was being too nice. :confused:

Hmm, I log on to my account several times a week to check a variety of things and I've never had Carnival call me about anything. The only person from Carnival who has ever called me was my PVP, but that was when he knew I was about ready to book or to offer me a great deal that had come across his desk. But if I had already booked, he'd know cause I would've done it through him...

I personally just like to look around at different cruises and rooms and rates and itineraries, but I found that every time I went onto the website, Id get a call the next day. Now I look around using google chrome incognito LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I get calls if I pretend-book a cruise to see what final price would be, what rooms are left, etc....but not if I just log in and browse without clicking the little "book now" button. It can be a little excessive. :)

I get calls if I pretend-book a cruise to see what final price would be, what rooms are left, etc....but not if I just log in and browse without clicking the little "book now" button. It can be a little excessive. :)

I do mock bookings daily right now because I'm waiting for carnival to release some 4-person balcony staterooms for 2. The only way I can see if they're still available is to do a mock booking. Still, I never get calls from carnival.

My last cruise with Carnival was in 2010. We are planning another for January off next year, so I was just looking. As soon as I logged on and started looking BAM! I started getting daily calls and emails from Carrnival. We are not quite ready to book yet but will be by the end off this month. I had a question, so I called Carnival and got a VERY nice PVP who answered my questions. When I told him we'd be ready to book by end of February, he gave me his name, phone number, direct extension and hours he works and asked me to give him call. I thought this was great, because he was extremely nice and helpful and not pushy at all. The very next day, I got a call from another Carnival PVP. When I told him I had just spoken with someone the day before, and gave him his name, he said "oh, yes, he referred you to me." I told him also I was not ready to book yet but would be by the end of February, no later. He said he would make an appointment and call ME back in a week. I really didn't appreciate it, because I felt he was being pushy and I also felt he was trying to steal a booking from the other PVP I had already talked to. Well, today was one week from then, and sure enough this guy calls me back. He asked if I was ready to book yet, and I said no, as I told you last week, I am not yet, but will be within the next few weeks. He sounded slightly annoyed and extremely less helpful and polite than last week, and said he would call ME back in 2 weeks and said if I am ready before then, call him back.

I don't know about you but I don't buy his story that the other PVP referred me to him. I don't appreciate him calling continually when I said I'm not ready to book yet. He reminds me of a pushy sleazy used car salesman and when I AM ready to book I will NOT be calling him back. I plan to call the first PVP I spoke with, and when I do I will ask him outright if, in fact, he did refer me to the other one. But I am pretty sure I already know the answer to that. I will never book with the other guy. I don't want to work with anyone so underhanded they will lie to steal a booking from another PVP.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival has lots of PVPs--some more pushy than others. Afterall, first they are salesmen. We were referred to ours thru a friend at work. Then we referred him to other friends we knew were thinking of cruising. The one we have is great. We sure hope he doesn't leave his job--He is never pushy and always helpful.

Here's hoping you find the right PVP for you. Bon Voyage!

I simply blocked Carnival's number and they leave voicemails that go to my blocked messages folder.

Usually, when I'm on the website, I'm on just to do something pertaining to my bookings, you would think that they would be able to see that I'm booked on my cruises already and to stop calling me. But I digress...

It seems there is no pattern to who they do and do not call. Also sounds like some are great and others are pushy. Or in my case a little to quick to end the conversation. Interesting...:rolleyes:

Getting pretty ticked off with Carnival. Every time I log onto CCL website I get a sales call. It is getting ridiculous. This last time, I was just getting a phone number to order my sister a birthday surprise (she is on the Breeze this week). i tell him I am not ready to book. I told him my husband just went back to work after 8 months home, we have 2 kids in college and catching up on hospital bills from our sons recent cancer treatments. I can no way book anything at this time. Both me and my husband have asked him not to keep calling and he is wondering why I am loosing patience with him. He not only calls my house and leaves messages, he calls my cell and leaves messages there too. Enough already!!!

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this guy just a pushy PVP? I have never even used this guy. I had someone different with my last booking.

Edited by thomarvin

Getting pretty ticked off with Carnival. Every time I log onto CCL website I get a sales call. It is getting ridiculous. This last time, I was just getting a phone number to order my sister a birthday surprise (she is on the Breeze this week). i tell him I am not ready to book. I told him my husband just went back to work after 8 months home, we have 2 kids in college and catching up on hospital bills from our sons recent cancer treatments. I can no way book anything at this time. Both me and my husband have asked him not to keep calling and he is wondering why I am loosing patience with him. He not only calls my house and leaves messages, he calls my cell and leaves messages there too. Enough already!!!

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this guy just a pushy PVP? I have never even used this guy. I had someone different with my last booking.

I did have a pushy PVP, but she's stopped calling in the last month or so. Before, she'd call within 24 hours every single time I even looked at the Carnival website. I finally put the phone number she called from on my "ignore" list. I'd still get the messages, but it would direct her straight to voicemail. My first PVP was pretty good about only calling a couple of times, but the one that replaced him was horrid about it.