Just booked aft-penthouse #9202, have a couple of questions.

pampaul

This August we will be sailing on the Norwegian Sky. Our 8th cruise but first time in the aft-penthouse. I have been searching for photos of this cabin and am having a hard time. I did go on the NCL website and they have ONE general photo but the photo doesn't "match up" with the floor plan photo. In the photo it shows the dining area and a bedroom in the background. But when I look at the floor plan photo it shows all one room, not a second. We will have 4 people (me, my husband and two boys 17 & 18) I'm assuming the couch folds out to a bed? Is there a pull down bed? Just wondering where the boys will be sleeping.

I've also read somewhere that there are a couple lounge chairs out on the balcony. Has anyone ever slept out there over night or can the other balconies see you?

I've also read that we have the butler/concierge services. Can someone explain what the butler does and what the concierge does?

Where would I find the menus for the room service, breakfast/lunch at Cagney's?

And lastly, we've been on the Dawn and the Jewel and they've both the The Blue Lagoon. Both my boys LOVED this place. Can you tell me if it's on the Sky?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Edited by pampaul

There are several aft penthouse videos on youtube. I stayed on deck 10 0064 and it is one of the best suites at sea. So many nice things about these suites besides the great aft view. You have a HUGE balcony that opens from the master bedroom and living room. The balcony is so large, it has several loungers, chairs and a full dining table with 4chairs! Fantastic for eating breakfast on your own balcony.

The concierge will check in on you twice a day. Usually at breakfast and in the evening. He/She can book restaurants for you, reserve seats in the theater, etc. The butler can be used for in suite dining and bringing other goodies to your cabin. The butler will bring daily treats like chocolate covered strawberries, etc. The suite also has a large bathroom.

The pull out sofa is not that large and is more ideal for smaller children. But it will work but may be a little cramped. However, I believe the ship has cots they can bring to your suite if the bed is too small for 2 teenage boys. Check with the butler or concierge when you get on board. The suite has 2 different rooms with TV's, DVD players etc. So your boys will essentially have their own room. If you are doing the 4 night, I recommend the bike ride in Freeport. Lots of adventure and exercise but they do take breaks for sight seeing, the beach, and a great lunch in a tropical garden. Fantastic excursion if you are an active family. Make sure to get priority embarkation when you check in at the suite check in at the port. There is no Blue Lagoon but the a similar place called Longboards sports bar. I actually think Longboards is much better than Blue Lagoon. Be prepared to be spoiled! Enjoy and come back to give us a review.

I also recommend Atlantis. Your boys will love the waterslides! Sky has a FULL day in Nassau to take advantage of Atlantis.

Edited by david_sobe