Nutrional Information - Frozen Drinks

jen1016

I know this is going to seem like a crazy question, but does anyone know where I can find the nutritional information on the frozen drinks served on the ships?

I had gastric bypass surgery a few months ago and I am prepared for eating and what my choices will be for the week, but I am trying to decide if I want to try having a virgin frozen drink, like a Miami Vice or something like that.

Thanks,

Jen

I know this is going to seem like a crazy question, but does anyone know where I can find the nutritional information on the frozen drinks served on the ships?

I had gastric bypass surgery a few months ago and I am prepared for eating and what my choices will be for the week, but I am trying to decide if I want to try having a virgin frozen drink, like a Miami Vice or something like that.

Thanks,

Jen

I don't....but maybe if you call the Special Needs department they would have that info.

Try this:

http://m.carnival.com/legal/guests-special-requirements.aspx

Pretty sure the dietary section applies to your question. :)

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by happy cruzin

This site might give you an idea of what is in them. You can put in different drinks into their search field. I put Frozen Margarita in it. http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/search?q=Frozen+margarita+

Sites like this are so misleading and get people into trouble with their diets. There is NO WAY that ANY frozen alcoholic beverage on a Carnival cruise is +/- 200 calories. Probably closer to 3 times that amount.

Edited by rockbock

Sites like this are so misleading and get people into trouble with their diets. There is NO WAY that ANY frozen alcoholic beverage on a Carnival cruise is +/- 200 calories. Probably closer to 3 times that amount.

I didn't say the information there was a drink from any cruise. It states where those numbers are coming from be it a drink from a specific restaurant, etc. A lot of the drinks listed there even give the calories to you by the ounce so that you can do your own math.

You might check with your hospital's dietitian for suggestions on what you can drink....print out the receipe and bring a few copies with you on your cruise...make friends with a few bartenders in different locations of the ship who will make up your very own drink of the day

You might check with your hospital's dietitian for suggestions on what you can drink....print out the receipe and bring a few copies with you on your cruise...make friends with a few bartenders in different locations of the ship who will make up your very own drink of the day

Stay away from the frozen boat drinks, they are loaded with sugar & calories. Just have a 'Skinny Pirate" - Captain Morgan & Diet Coke. Although, since they aren't carrying Capt. Morgan anymore, I guess it will be that other spiced rum.

Or Vodka & sparkling water & a splash of one of the Crystal-Lite mixes.

I'm halfway grateful for your kind advice, and halfway furious at you for trying to ruin my vacation! :)

Ha, I was just thinking the same thing. I will be on the Freedom next Saturday, and was really looking forward to a Funship Special. Now I feel totally guilty about all the sugar and calories :o:eek:

My husband and I have both had gastric bypass. We dont worry about counting calories and we both enjoy occasional alcoholic beverages. But, that being said, anything with lots of sugar like frozen drinks and ice cream is cause for major gastric upset. If you do decide to get a frozen drink, virgin or not, take it slow and make sure it isnt going to make you sick. I can usually tell within just a sip or two if something is going to agree with me or not. But, I'm 5+ years out so I know my stomach pretty well by now.

Enjoy your cruise! We find the mdr portions perfect!

Ha, I was just thinking the same thing. I will be on the Freedom next Saturday, and was really looking forward to a Funship Special. Now I feel totally guilty about all the sugar and calories :o:eek:

Last cruise I went straight to the fitness center after embarkation and weighed. Then weighed again the last morning. Gained 11 lbs in 7 days! Hoping to beat my record next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband and I have both had gastric bypass. We dont worry about counting calories and we both enjoy occasional alcoholic beverages. But, that being said, anything with lots of sugar like frozen drinks and ice cream is cause for major gastric upset. If you do decide to get a frozen drink, virgin or not, take it slow and make sure it isnt going to make you sick. I can usually tell within just a sip or two if something is going to agree with me or not. But, I'm 5+ years out so I know my stomach pretty well by now.

Enjoy your cruise! We find the mdr portions perfect!

Thanks ... I have had tried a few things here at home, with more sugar in it and so far, I have done okay. But, I am sure it's not something I want to test on the ship!! I am going to try drink here at home this weekend and see how that goes ... and perhaps will just stick with rum and some crystal light or something like that, if I want to have something!

Last cruise I went straight to the fitness center after embarkation and weighed. Then weighed again the last morning. Gained 11 lbs in 7 days! Hoping to beat my record next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek: I don't weigh myself regularly, but really don't think I gain all that much. I think the reason is, I am so much more active than I usually am (I have a desk job) and on a cruise, I am always walking somewhere, climbing stairs, roaming the halls.

ETA: but now that I think about it, I have gained weight gradually since 2009, when I started cruising, lol. It was very gradual though. Yes, those fruity drinks on the lido are to blame.

Edited by funinthesun1964

Thanks,

Jen

Plenty of sugar and carbs.

The frozen drink machine is the "island oasis." Perhaps that site has more info on the product used. Or they go by the same name. You can always order that drink without alcohol to save some calories if you wish.

Also I think the Miami vice has been rebranded to a "lava flow" if I'm

Correct! LoL!

Edited by Pack My Bags